ECU/ECM for 2006 Sportster with a 215HP SCIC Engine

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a used ECU/ECM for a 2006 Sportster with a 215 HP SCIC Engine.

Does anyone have one to sell or recommend a different ECU/ECM from a jetski that I can use.

Thanks for input.

Just curious...did you buy the boat from E-Bay?? there was one there that was a repo missing the ECU up for auction

Yes I did.

It depends on the version of the 2006 model you have, I may have an ECU for you. There were 2 versions in 06, an Edition 1 & 2, basically the Edition1 has an 04/05 type motor/electronics setup, and the Edition2 has a 2006+ type motor/electronics setup. You can tell by the front oil pump, the head breather/TOPS valve location/type. Or according to the manual, and the 2 I've looked at, the 4th from last letter of the VIN. If the 4th from last letter is an "A" you have a version1 and you need an 05 ECU part# 420664947, and if it is a "B" it "should be a version2 and you will need an 06-07 ECU part# 420664946. The VIN should tell you, but go by the type of engine in it to be sure. If you aren't familiar with the differences, just post a pic of the engine bay and I can ID it for you. Just let me know if you need a list of all model Seadoo's that ECU can be found in and I'll post it up for you. Congrats on your new boat!

FYI: The last 3 digits of the VIN are production date, single digit month, followed by 2 digit year. Obviously, the earlier production models are version1's usually, and the later production dates are version2's. All 2006 model SeaDoo boats have 2 versions like this. Apparently for some reason they didn't upgrade to the newer engine/electronics configuration used in all 06 PWC's until mid year in the boats.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Gonzalez View Post
    It depends on the version of the 2006 model you have, I may have an ECU for you. There were 2 versions in 06, an Edition 1 & 2, basically the Edition1 has an 04/05 type motor/electronics setup, and the Edition2 has a 2006+ type motor/electronics setup. You can tell by the front oil pump, the head breather/TOPS valve location/type. Or according to the manual, and the 2 I've looked at, the 4th from last letter of the VIN. If the 4th from last letter is an "A" you have a version1 and you need an 05 ECU part# 420664947, and if it is a "B" it "should be a version2 and you will need an 06-07 ECU part# 420664946. The VIN should tell you, but go by the type of engine in it to be sure. If you aren't familiar with the differences, just post a pic of the engine bay and I can ID it for you. Just let me know if you need a list of all model Seadoo's that ECU can be found in and I'll post it up for you. Congrats on your new boat!
    Hi RXP Gonzalez..thanks for the info..I will have to take a picture of the bay when I return home...but in the mean time..last four of the BIN is D606...so based on this I will make the assumption that it is a version 2 boat.

FYI: The last 3 digits of the VIN are production date, single digit month, followed by 2 digit year. Obviously, the earlier production models are version1's usually, and the later production dates are version2's. All 2006 model SeaDoo boats have 2 versions like this. Apparently for some reason they didn't upgrade to the newer engine/electronics configuration used in all 06 PWC's until mid year in the boats.
    RXP Gonzalez I sent you a PM

Sent you a PM about the ECM

Hi RXP..I just sent you another PM.

Thread Information