Vinyl Numbering and Graphics

I picked up a vinyl cutter/plotter a few weeks ago and I figured I'd see if anyone here needed any registration numbers or anything else cut. I can do pretty much any windows font in any size up to about 20" tall by any length. I can also cut any vector graphic...or attempt to convert a regular jpeg or gif in to a vector and cut it. Colored/layered graphics are also possible.

I'm not looking to go in to business...just a hobby and trying to get some practice and I'm running out of ideas of things to cut! I'm thinking I can do a pair of bow numbers for $10-12 shipped and most smaller decals would be under $5 shipped.

Colors I currently have are: white, black, red, orange-red, brilliant blue, dark blue - but I'll be buying more as the need arises.

Any interest?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I very well might have a need for some hull numbers, and possibly some other stuff.

In the meantime, you can chase down the 'Sea-Doo font' which was posted in one of the threads in the SeaDoo section. Actually I think there are several fonts as SeaDoo has made changes from time to time.

Lots of Sea-Doo guys out there

This is one of them, but I think another thread pointed to several more.
    Sea Dog TrueType font

Fonts are the easiest things to do. If you want to mix colors in the (ie: a different color outline or something) it can get a little harder, but numbers and letters are pretty simple. Graphics can get a little harder, depending on the complexity and number of colors. I need to post pics of some of the stuff I've done so far. It's a very cool machine. I had always wanted one and then came accross this one and got a great deal on it and couldn't pass it up.

The plotter I have will actualy print and cut - as in I could print custom color letters and then it can contour cut around them...but I'm having some issues with the print head and the quality's not quite there...plus the ink is a little too expensive for every day pwc numbers.

I like the SeaDoo font...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doo.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	214418

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    What you really need to find is the POLARIS font!
    I have at least one ski that will be needing a set of numbers, and I may redo the numbers on the other one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    What you really need to find is the POLARIS font!
    I have at least one ski that will be needing a set of numbers, and I may redo the numbers on the other one as well.

I have the Polaris logo, but I doubt the font exists. There are some close, but nothign will have the star in the O.

I will be looking for some numbers and logos once I get the ski rebuilt this off season. Polaris logo, numbers and possibly a graphic or two (nothing to complicated though). Awesome find on the cutter.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bgaidan View Post
    I have the Polaris logo, but I doubt the font exists...nothing will have the star in the O.
    So make your own

There is a learning curve, but fonts are doable. Just need the software, and some time to get the hang of it.

Thought I'd bump this now that the weather's getting nice and I'm back in ski mode after a short winter.

If anyone needs anything, reply here or shoot me a message. I have most standard colors available and can get just about anything else.

Most stuff that doesn't require a bunch of artwork setup I can do pretty much near cost....like a set of 3" bow numbers will be around $10 shipped (that's for 3 sets so you have a spare for when you screw one up!)

Thread Information