Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2.3 Needles in stock 951????

All my parts books show 2.0 needle and seat valves for my stock 1999 GTX Limited. I pulled my carbs apart yesterday to clean and am replacing Grey lines. My carbs have 2.3 needle and seats in them, my ski seems to run rich & ragged on the bottom end but great above 4500rpm. Would the 2.3's cause the ski to run rich at low and mid RPM??? Raves are squeaky clean. I go through plugs every 4-5 hours.

+1
    Yes 2.3s are too much even with after market filters ,2.0mm will flow more than enough fuel.And you will get some of your throttle response back going to 2.0s.

+1
    Surfs right and wrong; 2.0s are the stock size for your ski but 2.3's allow you to fully enjoy the smell of seadoo synthetic oil while in a no wake zone, kinda like $50/gallon perfume.

Do you have aftermarket intakes?

Everything is bone stock, air box included.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsl750&slt750 View Post
    Everything is bone stock, air box included.
    Get rid of that air box, I got rid of mine and it made life much better in every way. Ski runs much better, easier to work on ski, easier to clean, easier to adjust carbs and throttle linkage and the damn nut under the exhaust is now easily done with a simple 15mm wrench and most important of all, looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Get rid of that air box, I got rid of mine and it made life much better in every way. Ski runs much better, easier to work on ski, easier to clean, easier to adjust carbs and throttle linkage and the damn nut under the exhaust is now easily done with a simple 15mm wrench and most important of all, looks better.
    What did you get? Where did you get em? Did you have to re-jet?

+1
    I installed proks with outwears and the jets listed in the 2 stroke sticky and the settings stated. Since I have no patience for carb fine tunning/adjustment and I suck at it I will play with it a bit but over the winter I will be ordering a jet kit from Bill O at watercraft magic and he'll provide the jets and tuning specs for the following setup which IMHO (but there are much better ones out there) is the best bang for the buck with the 951 xpl.

Group K shaved head
    rejected carbs
    Concorde prop or stock re-pitched
    proks w/outwears

ps- I had a large argument with another store over their quickly packaged jet kit and lack of instructions and missing parts; basically they treated me like a 14 year old with lame excuses, wrong tech advice and condescending yelling like "we dont give out free parts, we are here to make money" and I'm like, "your site says the kits consists of these parts and that they are included". In effect, due to a $4 part, I returned the whole package, canceled my pending orders and won't do business with them again. Way to go parts guy!! The customer is always wrong and an idiot. To their credit they returned my $.

Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    I installed proks with outwears and the jets listed in the 2 stroke sticky and the settings stated. Since I have no patience for carb fine tunning/adjustment and I suck at it I will play with it a bit but over the winter I will be ordering a jet kit from Bill O at watercraft magic and he'll provide the jets and tuning specs for the following setup which IMHO (but there are much better ones out there) is the best bang for the buck with the 951 xpl.

Group K shaved head
    rejected carbs
    Concorde prop or stock re-pitched
    proks w/outwears

ps- I had a large argument with another store over their quickly packaged jet kit and lack of instructions and missing parts; basically they treated me like a 14 year old with lame excuses, wrong tech advice and condescending yelling like "we dont give out free parts, we are here to make money" and I'm like, "your site says the kits consists of these parts and that they are included". In effect, due to a $4 part, I returned the whole package, canceled my pending orders and won't do business with them again. Way to go parts guy!! The customer is always wrong and an idiot. To their credit they returned my $.
    PM me store name, id like to stay away from them!

+1
    They are a good store, I heard the owner is very repsonsive they and have tons of great reviews; I probably just got the parts guy on a bad day. but then again [email protected]&@! him, I have bad days but I treat those who work for me and around me equally every day. Just make sure from any store that any kits have full instructions (otherwise it wouldnt be a kit right? ) and all the parts listed on the website are included.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information