Question on possiblilty of having a pwc/atv trailer.

I have a seadoo XP, so smaller/lighter then the big new monsters and I have a can-am renegade. The renegade is only 48" wide and weighs less then my seadoo. so it almost takes up less room then the seadoo.

Sometimes I travel places like cottages and I always need to make a decision to bring one or the oter but I can bring both at this point.

What I want to do is buy a double pwc trailer and one one side remove the bunks and replace them with 2 runs of galvinized ramp material with a fold up ramp at the rear.

Now my question is, do any of you see a reason why this would not be possible and pretty simple actually?

Thanks.

+1
    Here's mine. I sometimes take my XR 400 so I only need a single track ramp for loading which i just carrie on the trailer. The bunks are easily removed to convert to a flatbed, I.E. trip to the desert. I just slide the Doo off onto a rolling cart that I built. Works great!

OBJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008007.jpg 
Views:	759 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	214448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008031.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	214449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008030.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	214450  

+1

Multi trailers

I see then all the time over here. go for it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer_Quad+Jetski (1).jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	223739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer_Quad+Jetski (3).jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	223742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer_Quad+Jetski.jpg 
Views:	2396 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	223741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer_Quad+Jetski (2).jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	223740

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4life View Post
    I have a seadoo XP, so smaller/lighter then the big new monsters and I have a can-am renegade. The renegade is only 48" wide and weighs less then my seadoo. so it almost takes up less room then the seadoo.

Sometimes I travel places like cottages and I always need to make a decision to bring one or the oter but I can bring both at this point.

What I want to do is buy a double pwc trailer and one one side remove the bunks and replace them with 2 runs of galvinized ramp material with a fold up ramp at the rear.

Now my question is, do any of you see a reason why this would not be possible and pretty simple actually?

Thanks.
    My trailer that I have been working on is set up this way. I never mentioned it as I was going to show my work first. But seeing how you want some help with this, I guess I can talk about it.

Mine is set up so I can just "throw" down some aluminum "tracks" for my Quad tires on the trailer. They will be held down with some quick connects and just straddle the bunks. My Raptor will clear the bunks, so I won't even need to remove them.

For ramps I have some real light weight aluminum ones that just strap onto the trailer.

Plain and simple set up.

Good luck with yours, and post pics along the way.

I like the idea of leaving both sets of bunks on the trailer and just having the quad straddle one, that way it becomes even more flexible and I could still use it for 2 ski's if required.

I havent located a good used double trailer in my area yet and if I dont find one by spring I will just buy a new one.

I am trying to find a double trailer that will fit through my garage doors so I can store it inside, if not it will have to sit outside all year round which I dont really like.

I will post some pictures when I start working on it.

+1
    Loadrite's double aluminum trailer will fit into a standard size garage door.... with about a quarter inch of clearance on both sides

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by outboard john View Post
    Here's mine. I sometimes take my XR 400 so I only need a single track ramp for loading which i just carrie on the trailer. The bunks are easily removed to convert to a flatbed, I.E. trip to the desert. I just slide the Doo off onto a rolling cart that I built. Works great!

OBJ
    That's a cool set up. We should get together and go ride sometime, I live in Escondido, too. Was the trailer originally a watercraft trailer, and you added a deck to it?

Thread Information