Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Raritan River update 25th or 26th

A bunch of us are getting together to ride that weekend...like to meet the GH members from Jersey/NY/PA/CT to ride the 25-30 miles along the Raritan from Sayreville/S. River BC to past the college (Rutgers) and beyond....will be passing the Edison ramp ,Highland Park ramp,Raritan River BC... so if you launch from there we'll meet up with you...can't miss ya...high tide that weekend is between 10-11 am so 10am meeting out on the water sounds perfect...WOT all day on glass...will pick which date is best for everyone and consider weather predictions late next week....

+1
    25-30 miles? Is there a part of that river that I havent seen? Its MAYBE 8 miles on a good high tide day... I also wouldnt recomend going too far past rutgers... AND watch out for seaguls near the dump... They dont react to well to 80+ mph buzz bye's..

+1
    I could do the 26th, but *not* the 25th.

+1
    i should be down for that gunna be out there this weekend..its 13 miles from highland park ramp to morgan inlet

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    25-30 miles? Is there a part of that river that I havent seen? Its MAYBE 8 miles on a good high tide day... I also wouldnt recomend going too far past rutgers... AND watch out for seaguls near the dump... They dont react to well to 80+ mph buzz bye's..
    yea u gotta watch the tides i usually dont go past the rt27 bridge at high tide thats a good strip to make runs ive been up past the landing lane bridge on high tide thats the 4th bridge up i wouldnt advise it if u dont ride the river alot at low tide theres no water up there...ive clipped a few seagulls at high speed lol

+1
    Count me in for either day

+1
    jetdave where u riding this weekend?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    jetdave where u riding this weekend?

You can go all the way to the dam at around highway 287 BUT only at high tide and with one maybe two people staying somewhat in the center...but with a big group and unless your familiar with the waters its really not recommended....yes WAVE, tide is not an issue up to probably the Landing lane br. right past the route 18 bridge...so round trip is somewhere around 20-22miles from South River BC...WAVE i'll out Sun. morn. around 8:30-9 (12:30 low) with an RXP/AQUATRAX/FZR ...you'll be there..where do you come out of..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Count me in for either day
    We can all feel better now..what a relief ..We got Scott's depth finder to guide us through...lead us commodore!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    You can go all the way to the dam at around highway 287 BUT only at high tide and with one maybe two people staying somewhat in the center...but with a big group and unless your familiar with the waters its really not recommended....yes WAVE, tide is not an issue up to probably the Landing lane br. right past the route 18 bridge...so round trip is somewhere around 20-22miles from South River BC...WAVE i'll out Sun. morn. around 8:30-9 (12:30 low) with an RXP/AQUATRAX/FZR ...you'll be there..where do you come out of..
    u gotta be careful going up that far lots of big rocks and ive hit bottom at the rt 27 bridge at low tide so id only make them rides at full high if u ever drive over the landing lane bridge or go threw jonsons park ull see really how low it can get i launch from edison or highland park..ur goin out sunday?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information