Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Riva cooling for fzr

Has anyone installed the riva cooling system and if so did you like the results? I have another question the directions call for putting a T off the extra cooling line I installed to my inter cooler has anyone ran another line just to feed the riva cooler kit?

+1
    Good timing for this thread. I just bought a riva inter-cooler and plan on the install in a week or so. I plan to install the extra feed line off the strainer to the IC and replace the stock-X with the factory Y from the FXHO model(I think it was tommy or jim that i saw that idea from) I just don't trust a screw as the only thing from keeping my $16k investment from sinking. I'm going to use the stock pisser on the side and use the extra 7ft of riva hose to replace all the rest of the OEM lines. This riva hose is tough. I can't even squeeze it flat with my fingers.

Without feeding the IC, the factory cooling line pressure should be 30% to 50% more than stock. That's why i'm just replacing all the hose. A few people have had blowouts with the OEM hoses from the added pressure of the cooling kits.

+1
    Let me rephrase the riva water cooling kit not the riva inter cooling kit. I have the [email protected] inter cooler.

I have the stock Intercooler (I have the upgrade from Riva installed) still and I just installed the cooling kit . My water temp dropped almost 20 degrees Celsius. With the stock water routing and the middle of the summer out here my water temp was almost 100 Celsius. Ran it last week with an air temp of 104F my water temp was pretty steady at 80C.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert63 View Post
    Let me rephrase the riva water cooling kit not the riva inter cooling kit. I have the [email protected] inter cooler.
    FYI, there are 2 Riva engine cooling kits, one for use with the Riva powercooler & one for their stock IC upgrade. Both kits requires there be an independent feed for the intercooler because that's what they're teeing into to feed the oil cooler. The kit for the stock IC is more expensive because it includes a thru-hull fitting & probably more hose. Since you have an R&D IC you probably already have the separate plumbing installed, & therefore wouldn't need the extra hardware in the more expensive kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRsmartarse View Post
    I have the stock Intercooler (I have the upgrade from Riva installed) still and I just installed the cooling kit . My water temp dropped almost 20 degrees Celsius. With the stock water routing and the middle of the summer out here my water temp was almost 100 Celsius. Ran it last week with an air temp of 104F my water temp was pretty steady at 80C.
    That's a respectable drop. Where are you getting the temp data from?
    Last edited by mjh3ides; 09-20-2010 at 11:19 PM.

That is what my VIPEC is reading for water temp.

+1
    Thanks for the reply I will install the kit the way riva says with the tee coming off my extra cooling line to my R&D inter cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Good timing for this thread. I just bought a riva inter-cooler and plan on the install in a week or so. I plan to install the extra feed line off the strainer to the IC and replace the stock-X with the factory Y from the FXHO model(I think it was tommy or jim that i saw that idea from) I just don't trust a screw as the only thing from keeping my $16k investment from sinking. I'm going to use the stock pisser on the side and use the extra 7ft of riva hose to replace all the rest of the OEM lines. This riva hose is tough. I can't even squeeze it flat with my fingers.

Without feeding the IC, the factory cooling line pressure should be 30% to 50% more than stock. That's why i'm just replacing all the hose. A few people have had blowouts with the OEM hoses from the added pressure of the cooling kits.

I will be in the next day or so goin to install the riva powercooler. And I am to a little worried about a screw holding water pressure back on my investment. If I remove the x fitting can I replace it with a T fitting opposed to a y fitting?
    As the flusher on the y fitting is directed into the motors cooling system. Hope that make sence.
    Has anybody had luck running a T fitting and had any problems while flushing the ski
    Darren

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZSSHO View Post
    I will be in the next day or so goin to install the riva powercooler. And I am to a little worried about a screw holding water pressure back on my investment. If I remove the x fitting can I replace it with a T fitting opposed to a y fitting?
    As the flusher on the y fitting is directed into the motors cooling system. Hope that make sence.
    Has anybody had luck running a T fitting and had any problems while flushing the ski
    Darren
    i have been using a "T " in place of the 4way. no problemo....
    if you are concerned about water going out thru the pump strainer you can install a inline ballvalve. to prevent that.
    on my setup water does come out the back, but there is still plenty of water that is forced thru the motor. i do have a ballvalve installed inline to prevent that know.
    also make sure you use heavy duty hose clamps on your waterlines.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    i have been using a "T " in place of the 4way. no problemo....
    if you are concerned about water going out thru the pump strainer you can install a inline ballvalve. to prevent that.
    on my setup water does come out the back, but there is still plenty of water that is forced thru the motor. i do have a ballvalve installed inline to prevent that know.
    also make sure you use heavy duty hose clamps on your waterlines.
    Thanks for clearing that up Gordon. Did you use a plastic t or brass t peice
    Darren

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information