+1

06 RXT Runs very wet and steers itself

After sucking up debris. I think it was a piece of wood. The wear ring got a groove in it. So I changed out the wear ring and the speedo reads in the upper 40's and I can feel Im going much faster than that. And the bow is very far in the water. The impeller looked fine and the ski has lots of power and is running right at 8100.

The problem is the bow being in the water is scrubbing lots of speed and its borderline scary that it steers itself

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    After sucking up debris. I think it was a piece of wood. The wear ring got a groove in it. So I changed out the wear ring and the speedo reads in the upper 40's and I can feel Im going much faster than that. And the bow is very far in the water. The impeller looked fine and the ski has lots of power and is running right at 8100.

The problem is the bow being in the water is scrubbing lots of speed and its borderline scary that it steers itself
    Sounds like maybe the opas paddles are not rising due to sucking debree and clogging the line or the line was not reinstalled. Also inspect your intake grate to make sure it is not damaged or hanging low, pump shoe for damage in the tunnel, and nozzle to make sure everything is tight back there.

+1
    the OPAS moves up and down by hand. Ill have to spray the hose in there. I double checked everything to do with the pump. There is an identical ski right next to it on the same trailer and i could not find a single difference between the 2 of them.

Thank you for your quick reply

I had a similar experience with a RXT and it was a cracked intake grate bar, it was scary at 50mph and above.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    I had a similar experience with a RXT and it was a cracked intake grate bar, it was scary at 50mph and above.
    so the bar was just cracked? not bent to one side or missing a bar?

so the bar was just cracked? not bent to one side or missing a bar?
    Is was broken on one side but it looked fine when visualy inspecting it, and I guess from the water pressure it was vibrating at speed and causing weird handling.

Thread Information