+1

D plate on 2006 gp1300r

Hi I have a gp1300r and I am going to install the jetworks kit and a d-plate I talked to riva and they said I should buy a riva efi unit so I won't be lean on the low to mid range has anyone put the d-plate on a 2006 without the riva efi with no proablems or do I need it. The engine is stock no mods
    ppk
    14\20 solas
    2 bar intake
    shredmaster rideplate

+1
    your going to need both for any one of the items to operate correctly. It will run without the EFI controller, just not very well and there is a high percentage that problems may appear.

This scenario is like Peanut without the butter.

+1
    what wrong with just plain peanuts?
    I know this has been gone through several times, but why is it that my settings are different than others?
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    what wrong with just plain peanuts?
    I know this has been gone through several times, but why is it that my settings are different than others?
    SHOOTER
    seems like everyones is a little different, depending on the many possible mods on the ski. No one has seemed to find a magical setting that is good for every ski out there. The fuel controllers that are out there are the first of their kind for these boats and most are inaccurate in a big way (as far as the dials vs. what it's supposed to do). And god whatever you do, don't dare ask riva what to use, because they will probably come on here to ask under a certain screen name to find out a good starting point.

I spec that the new advent will help some (or the macboost thing-a-ma-gig). Guess next summer will be interesting to see how these devices perform.

+1

Wink

Robert63; just did d plate on my 05, kept stock cat con sensor in place and no chip,(thanks guys you know who you are) took out for 3 runs several times last week with no problems i.e plug chop at every rev range and no warning buzzer going off, noticed the extreme engine temp drop to my mates 04 with cat,no performance diffrence noticed even with tach readings,think its a happier ski all round now the cat is not stuck side ways in the drop of exhaust and all bits removed from water box section,due to wave jumping... also have jetworks among other mods for my winter tear down,, very worried about fitting the e.f.i unit as ive read another three threads new today refering to either loose wires or broke grounds causing $1000's damage to ski and after my power commander (motorcycle) days feel the hammering from wave jumping may increase the risk of e.f.i. fail,yes i know you only hear the bad ones but waiting to see what new boxes come out in next few months as there is some talk of new stuff...and as for riva telling you the e.f.i is a must ive been in talks with carl at island racing (thanks for jetworks kit) all the way to the uk quicker than i can get stuff here delivered and he has just done three of his close buddies 05 with d plate and no e.f.i and no problems at all..
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 10-25-2006 at 02:08 AM.

+1
    Have run a 04 and a 05 with d-plate and no efi, and with the efi.
    The d-plate did not need an efi controller on either ski. No beeps, shut downs etc, and plugs looked nice and golden.
    I actually ran a 145psi shaved oem cylinder head on my 05 as well without a efi, and it ran great, and not only did it run great, but the plug chops actually looked richer/darker after the head change!
    My conclusion, and I stress MY conclusion. Don't touch the intake side, no porting, no reeds,and you probably don't NEED an efi........BUT, it's quite a cheap way of getting an extra 10 hp.ish.

+1

Thanks for the help

Thanks you for all the advice I will be talking to carl and ordering the d-plate

+1

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Robert63 View Post
    Thanks you for all the advice I will be talking to carl and ordering the d-plate
    ok good luck.. when you order the jet work kit e mail me and i will send you a file that keith sent me on how to install jet works...very good pdf file..carls kit is all there but the instructions are a little vauge... pm'd you my e mail address

Thread Information