Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lucas Oil Drag Boat Series World Finals , Phoenix, AZ , Nov.4-7, 2010

Would like to send an invite to everyone for the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Series World Finals in Phoenix, AZ Nov. 4-7, 2010. All classes from PWC up to Top Fuel Hydro. There is nothing like seeing a boat go 260+ MPH on the water, anything can happen. PWC class will be represented by racers from all over the country. Trying to get this class built up so that some exciting things will happen in 2011. Races for 2010 included Oklahoma City, OK, San Angelo, TX, Chouteau, OK, Marble Falls, TX, Augusta, GA, High Point, NC, Creve Core, MO, Poplar Bluff, MO, New Athens, IL, Livermore, KY to just name a few. For 2011 there are race sites being worked on for the West Coast racers, Waco, TX should be back along with Wheatland, MO, Ft. Worth, TX and possibly Brady, TX, Bryan, TX, Lubbock, TX and who knows of other places in the works. Lucas Oil has taken a serious stand in the Drag Boat racing community with the building of the first man made track in Wheatland, MO in over a decade. You can check out the various associations in your area by going to www.lucasoildragboats.com, www.sdbaracing.com, www.sldbaracing.com, www.kdba.net, www.njbaracing.net to just name a few.

Well is anyone coming to Phoenix to race Nov. 4-7 ?? I have only heard of one possible. I know of 4 including myself from Texas will be making the long haul with possibly a couple from St. Louis, so surely there are some racers from closer by that can make the trip. Trying to get a count so we can see how much fun we can make it. Guarnteed there is going to be some cool Top Fuel Hydro runs if there is as many show up as what people are thinking. I guess we will see if Monkey See Monkey Doo keeps the motor together this year.

Well is there anyone coming over to race? Guarantee to be a fun time. Nothing like seeing a TFH boat go 260+ MPH on water let alone 2 at a time.

+1
    Dose not look like anyone is going to make it this year.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IEGPR View Post
    Dose not look like anyone is going to make it this year.
    not so fast sparky....you never know where ill show up at.

Cool Boogity Boogity

I know of 3 for sures from Texas. Dave Watkins, Ollie Oliver and myself. Joe do you know of anymore from your direction that may be racing at Phoenix?

Wheatland, MO track progress

here is a link to a news segment on the new track at Wheatland, MO. This would be a cool place to hold the Hydro-Drags. Sensors are suppose to be permanent set in place. No radar guns needed here.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-story-dr...,5609410.story

+1
    my problem is i dont belong to any drag racing organization. can i sign up and race just world finals. If so whats the process? Help me here or I wont make the trip.

Membership

You just have to join an association such as NJBA, Lucas Oil, SDBA, SLDBA, KDBA or someone I am sure I am missing and pay entry. Far as safety equipment you have to have helmet either DOT or Snell M2005 rated with MFG date to be within last 10 years & neck collar, if you run over 70 MPH you have all above plus ballistic shorts. Same rules as last year. I have a call in to Ken Dollar to veify the membership. I will post soon as I get an reply. If Dave "Gorilla" Watkins checks on here he should know for sure, he is the class REPRESENTATIVE for the PWC class. I believe the membership fee is the same this year for all associations.

Phoenix Test-N-Tune

Just to let everyone know thursday at Phoenix is Test-N-Tune, you can make as many passes as you want to get your boat tuned in. It helps to get use to the light system also.

Joe did you get my P/M from Friday?

Gorilla, do you have your project ready to go yet ????

I was told that CDBA has the best rate for one time membership if you do not belong to a current Drag Boat Racing Association. here is a link to there web site http://cdbaracing.com/contactus .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information