Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: p0344 code

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

p0344 code

po344 code cam phase sensor signal missing...

just changed head gasket..running rude controler so it goes between the sensor and the harness....

set cam locked ..locked crank ..all valves are closed ..and i dont think you can get the locking pin in 180 out..in a 4224 rotax cam ..pin on the gear is at 5 oclock looking in the hole...you can just start to see it in the cam sensor hole...

this is a pic of the cam in the locked position....i just shut the motor off..but it was locked the same when the cam bolts were tighened..

any way changed the head gasket...and now i am getting this code ..feel it is unlikey the sensor just went bad feel it is probabley somelthing i have done..silly ... cleaned all the connections ..had re dielectric greased them ...so not sure ..

this is a pic isnt lined up perfect but dont think it is a tooth off..

+1
    Unhook the controller?

fyi it ran on the hose and at the shop ran idled fine out of the no wake szone then started running bad ...and stalled and didnt want to restart ...unpluged the key and it refired..and go it to the trailer..tried it 3 times same thing...

it seemed to run fine on the trailer...

+1
    check the connections to the rude controller. I had the same code happen when my controller was hooked up wrong

ys that is a thought about it ..it was working because my af werent through the roof...

thing is i didn dissconect the map sensor...it may just be a bad connection...

just went out and did find some brown oozze from one of the pins in one of the connections...i dielectric grease the crap out of all my connections hopefully it is it...

+1
    Go ride!

had to go to a kings of leon concert last night..got tickets for my gf for her b day ..so i couldnt get back to it...last night

so went out theis morning and cleaned the crap out of the connector..put it all back together.. ran it on the hose everything was fien ..seemed good...so i headded for the ramp.. go tthrough the no wake zone..seemd good .got out about 1/2 mile and go tthe sode flashing again but it was running fine...so i went back to the ramp and got my lap top....hoooped up the rude program it uses the cam signal for rpm referance ..so if the rpm changed on the table it was getting a referance signal...and it was ..still flashed a check engine code...but ran fine ..the 3rd or 4th time i disconnected the key it didnt come back...probably a buds thing...for that code....

now the head gasket...swap.. dont want to talk about...dont think it sealed..it could be just overfilled coolant but i dont think so...i gotta go tow the kids on the tube for the rest of the day ...well see...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    had to go to a kings of leon concert last night..got tickets for my gf for her b day ..so i couldnt get back to it...last night

so went out theis morning and cleaned the crap out of the connector..put it all back together.. ran it on the hose everything was fien ..seemed good...so i headded for the ramp.. go tthrough the no wake zone..seemd good .got out about 1/2 mile and go tthe sode flashing again but it was running fine...so i went back to the ramp and got my lap top....hoooped up the rude program it uses the cam signal for rpm referance ..so if the rpm changed on the table it was getting a referance signal...and it was ..still flashed a check engine code...but ran fine ..the 3rd or 4th time i disconnected the key it didnt come back...probably a buds thing...for that code....

now the head gasket...swap.. dont want to talk about...dont think it sealed..it could be just overfilled coolant but i dont think so...i gotta go tow the kids on the tube for the rest of the day ...well see...
    Take the RFC off and try it again for kicks. Dam another gasket?? I think mine may be a tad blown to just not gonna worry about it as long as my oil and afr's look good. May do a leak down test soon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information