2nd blown SC..bov

not mine but my dads rxt sc just went. mine went a while back. we both installed riva bov kits on our machines at the same time. my sc went 2 days after(14 hours on the machine) and his held up until about 45 hours. he just changed his oil...i know the whole bov..good and bad thing but i think im gonna take mine off. what do you guys think?

+1
    The only time i lost a Rotax Racing heavy duty clutch was when i had a BOV intalled

so hulk do you have a bov on your ski right now? we have a riva stage 2 kit on my dads ski with the bov do you recommend taking it off? and if so how do you take it off? do you have to replace the hose or just block the hole in the exsisting pipe?

+1
    No, i do not run a BOV anymore.

I think it's a matter of personal preference to run them, or not. The guru's such as Mark and Nils say running them actually hurt the clutch.
    They have great theory's behind this on why. I tend to take heed to whay they say.

You could block the BOV off by somehow plugging the hole in the pipe and then installing a vacuum cap over the port you drilled out in the intake manifold for the vacuum line.

how did you plug your pipe when you took off your bov? and how about the hole that you drilled?

+1
    The hole that you drilled can easily be plugged off with a vacuum cap available at any auto parts store.

I have two plumbing kits for my intercooler. The PPG kit with integrated BOV and also a Race Tech kit that uses no BOV so i just put the Race Tech plumbing kit on.

+1
    Personally, I'm thinking the BOV is a waste of money and its cause for any damage is more likely to be a fluke and timing. Meaning, the clutch probably failed w/ or w/o the BOV, but since you had it installed and that was the only mod done since last SC failure, the BOV takes the blame. I think the clutch set-up is seriously flawed and THE worst part of this whole ski. This is what gives the RXP a bad rap - moreso than it being a pig. And this is coming from a RXP lover not a fighter.

+1
    Is it a good idea to get a boost gauge and when the boost reading is low you can fix the clutch before it slips, instead of getting a BOV?

Thread Information