Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Intake Install / 2010 RXTX-260

2010 RXTX-260. Removed the air box and associated stock components down to the rubber "boot" shapped 90 degree. I think the "boot" attaches to the SC. Can't really see very well as it is located down at the bottom of the ski. Can anyone advise how the rubber boot or elbow attached to the SC and how to remove it. Want to replace the intake (stock air box) with something better. Larger dia. intake / filter etc.. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

It has a plastic attached to the supercharger with 3 screws.
    remove the screws,then the plastic goes off and then you will be able
    to remove the90 degree "boot".
    Hope it helps!!!

+1
    I asked the same question before I removed it. Grab an inspection mirror or steal one from your old lady... look down there and you'll see the three screws.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    I asked the same question before I removed it. Grab an inspection mirror or steal one from your old lady... look down there and you'll see the three screws.
    Thanks guys. Any advise on a good set up for my ski ? What size intake tube and filter. Length, dia. etc... I hear there are stainless filters and aluminum tubes verses rubber tubes and standard filters. I see some set ups are short and rise up from the SC while others run all the way to the front of the ski. Was going to check with Rivas to see if they offer anything for my ski..

Thanks again....

+1
    I installed the 4" fizzle kit. Happy with it, but I do like how Throttlemire installed his with vent hose running into his 4" hose(no need for catch can).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
    I installed the 4" fizzle kit. Happy with it, but I do like how Throttlemire installed his with vent hose running into his 4" hose(no need for catch can).

Any photos of this set up anywhere in the forum???

Went to the Green Hulk on line parts store and the Rivas website nothing for 2010 RXTX -260 skis. Can't even select 2010 modle... Help!!!!!

+1

See I like that short set up. Saw one in this forum using 4" aluminum tubing turned 90 degree and a coupler. Have no idea how to get back (just incase someone remembers) to it. Any advantage to running the longer "Fizzle" or Rivas system. Seems like a lot of extra hose but I'm no expert so i'm open to advise.. I asked Rivas how the hose / coupler attaches to the SC but I didn't get a clear answer. Can anyone advise how to make the connection? Is there an adapter or does the 4" hose mount directly to the SC? Are 2009 RXTX-255 and 2010 RXTX-260 SC mounting different? Want to do this myself but don't want %#[email protected]^ it up.

Thanks again for all the info. Helps a lot..

+1
    If you look at the fizzle pic you'll see a 1/2" ring on the bottom right. Thats the coupler. It's 3" ID and 4" OD that the hose hooks too. It's split with screws to clamp it onto your SC.
    As far as long hose, I think the PRIMARY reason is to grab as much "cooler" air from the front of the ski instead of ingesting already warm air from the back/motor area. I routed all four intake hoses near the filter. I'll try to snap a pic tonight when I get home from work...

+1
    Understand regarding the coupler. Hose placement makes sense. Thanks for all the info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information