Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

new problem!!!!!

alright i got an 05 rxp was out today, it was pretty rough, ran good all day then towards the end if i was running full throttle it would run wide open for a few seconds and the it almost felt like i was getting a real big cavitation and id get a beep probably from hitting the rev limiter. I would let off the throttle and then it would run fine til i got back wide open. I dont think its a cavitation though because i could run 50-55 fine, it s shooting out of the hole good with no cavitation. Like i said it ran fine all day till right at the end, could it be something in the pto if anyone has any ideas please feel free to chime in, Thanks Joey

Banned User
    +1
    So its an error code that comes up and then goes to history after the RPM come down?

Could be many things, but I'm pretty sure that is not typical of oil pressure issue as it would stay in limp mode to protect the motor.

I'd say MAP sensor line might be kinked/fouled with oil/fouled with water or something...

But that is just a guess, and without getting the error code, it would be hard to work out what the problem is.

Get the code read out of your history.

I think it beeps because it only happens at WOT and when it hapens the rpms skyrocket. It almost feels like the shaft is separating from the engine. It will only happen at full speed wonce you are wide open for a few seconds. When it happens you can let the throttle go and hit it again and it will be fine and from what I could tell it would run fine at 60 it's really weird

Banned User
    +1
    You need the code read...

Or try to catch it on the display (can't remember if the 05's display it)

So the engine feels like it looses all load and just goes to limiter....hmmm...

this is one for the experts, I wonder if you have a seal problem??

this morning i crawled under the skis and looked up the intake grate and this is what i found

This is a pic of the ski that is running fine

And this is a pic of the one that is having the problem, it looks like the impellar is seperated from the impellar boot here is a pic, could this cause the problem im having

, i just had some service done where the pump had to be removed is this something they left loose? Id rather just fix myself. How would i do that

+1
    Thats your problem...The boot walking up the shaft and causing the cavitation...You can do one of two things...Put that one or a new aftermarket one back on and loctite the heck out of it or if you ride in fresh water just remove it completley...

thanks for the help snoman, I'm guessing I have to pull the pump to get to it, I ride mostly fresh but I do hit the salt a few times a year so I think I'll loktite it on, I'll let you know how it turns out

+1
    Yes youll have to pull the pump to get it off the shaft and back onto your impeller..Excellent....Let us know..

Banned User
    +1
    If only there was a tool for this

Some sort of grip and you just crank the engine

well no luck, i pulled the pump and just pulled off the impellar boot went back to the lake and the same thing, its crazy i could jam out of the hole like a madman when i get up to top speed for 5-6 sec it just feels like the impellar just falls off. Is it possible that the SC clutches are letting go up top. i mean the damn thing runs hard and i could run 65 with no problems its just when its wideopen. Should i try swapping the pump from my other ski? I appreciate everyones help..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information