adding depth to 04 RXP...weird question...

OK, so heres the deal, i recently picked up a pair of 04 RXP's used with somewhat low hours (49 and 57 respectively). Test rode them, fell in love and made an offer that was accepted...knowing the issues they have with the s/c and stuff i was concentrating on how they rode rather than playing with the buttons. Once i got them home i was looking at my wifes, and if you go through the displays i got to one that read 0.0 ft...mine did not have that window. Does that mean that hers has a sounder? or does it display that even without a tranducer hooked up? Not gonna have a chance to drop them in the water atleast for a week...so i cant test to see if it reads. My understanding is you cant add a sounder to the RXP only the RXT...so does hers have a rxt display? Or can the 04 RXP take a sounder and i just need to add one to mine?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    The ski that is showing the depth finder window needs to have the ecu reset by a dealer, or someone that has the BUDS system. The RXP's don't have depth finders on them from the factory, and you'll probably notice that you have no trim display on that ski either. This is common on the 04-05's when the batteries are disconnected from the ski for a period of time.

Congrats on the new ski's... and welcome to the forum!

+1
    It is actually possible to add a factory depth finder to the rxp. I'm in the process of doing it myself and I've seen others on here do it as well.

How is it done if you dont mind me asking?

+1
    There is an OEM kit that you can install. It explains how to do it on the rxt and gtx models. You just need to find a good spot for the sensor on the inside of the hull for it to work. The rxt and gtx have a designated area molded into the hull for the sensor to fit into.

so the issue with the rxp is not that the display cant handle it, but rather that there isnt a "stock" place to put it in the hull. Well that seems pretty easy to remidy. He-double hocky stick, if i can add a fishfinder to a kayak i think i can manage to find a spot on the RXP to mount it...Only problem is the "ideal" area is taken up by the jet unit...

Thread Information