Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

siezed supercharger.

finally got the hood all put together, and figured i would fire it up before pulling it outside. hit the start button and the motor just jumps. im done with this POS ski. 24 hours on it and now its already dead. bringing it to the dealer, getting it fixed, and selling it in the spring. honda here i come!

+1
    good luck with your honda they all have their issues and honda has plenty of them also, good maintenance is the key my friend

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    you've bitched about this thing since just about the day you got it... surprised you kept it this long.....

+1
    the only time i ever didnt flush this ski was when it got the milkshake, and i have always flushed it with tons of water and the SC cover has been off since it was new. the only reason im not liking the honda is they dont make them currently, also thinking of the sho, which is what i was going to get till i got talked into the ultra

i also do spend a lot of time flushing my skis after riding, my yamaha motor looks like it is brand new and that ski has almost 80 hours on it

+1
    It has been nothing but a problem since I got it. I think I'm done with it.

+1
    It looks like you always ride in saltwater? Did you fog the S/C after every ride?
    If you didn't, that is the source of your locked up S/C.

+1
    as i said maintenance is the key issue, if you ride in salt water you need to spend the time and effort in cleaning and preventing. you also said you flooded your ski, you had water in the oil, once again water in the s/c, happens to us all but some of us are more dillegent than others.
    honda have their turbo problems, yamaha have their hull and s/c problems, seadoo have their s/c problems maybe a normal aspirated or two stroke best suites you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    It looks like you always ride in saltwater? Did you fog the S/C after every ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    My thoughts exactly JB . . . .

+1
    and remember the ski recently had water in the oil!!!!! all adds up doesnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    My thoughts exactly JB . . . .

On rougher days in the ocean where alot of water is coming over the bow, I spend about "double" the amount of time on the boat when I get home. And one of those items on the "must do" list is to fog the SC. I am lucky I live where I do in that I never have to "winterize" the boat: even when I am not riding that much, I always make sure I start the boat for a bit at least every other week. I don't think those SC blades should be idle more than two weeks (especially if the boat is ridden in salt water). Few people spend more time on their "after ride" procedure / process than I. I guess I am just lucky in that I like to work on the boat after a ride. It is no accident that Waz and I have never broken a SC Belt or had SC issues in general; it's how we take care of the boats after the ride. There are alot of people like Offcial Style who just aren't OCD enough or mechanically inclined enough (these two traits are the same by the way) to stay ahead of the mechanical mayhem that happens when the boat does not get all the attention it needs / deserves. Offcial Style is not a bad guy, just frustrated. 80% or better of his Posts have shown his frustration and I do feel for him because this sport should be fun. I think a normally aspirated YAM SHO may be the best boat for him; No SC issues to worry about and the YAM's are very good in the salt water environment . . .
    The KAW Ultra is the best offshore boat to date, but just like the prettiest girl at the dance she does demand and command attention

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information