Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

JD Intercooler Kit - Available again

So has anyone fitted theirs yet? The newest batch is in and started shipping over a week ago. Any initial thoughts? How was the installation? I am hoping others will see the same good results that I have had with it. I haven't done much comparative testing on it, but I know Dan did when designing the kit. My SHO was running consistently 77.0mph at Mudbug in the EXTREME heat and humidity on the stock boost wheel. Now with the C3 I'm over 80.

The JD kit can be ordered here
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1465

Professional Alike Racer Clazz. Teerayoot's Avatar
    sweet GPS number on C3 wheel,
    might be fastest one around the world,

custom Skat long blade
    what 's pitch number?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerayoot View Post
    sweet GPS number on C3 wheel,
    might be fastest one around the world,

what 's pitch number?
    Definitely NOT the fastest. Off the top of my head I know Jim's performance and Gmoeller have done better. I am currently running a custom Skat long blade that I am unsure of the exact pitch on. It is be no means the fastest prop. It has extremely good hole shot and crazy acceleration, but it's a trade off for top speed. You have to spin the long blades and twin props to a higher RPM to get around the same speeds as you would a regular Skat swirl. I would probably be in the 81-83 mph range @ 8400 with a regular Skat prop. We'll soon see. I am having my Skat 13/23 repaired by Impros. Probably going to have them take it down to a 22 degree trailing edge to get a little more RPM than I was previouly getting. OR, I may consider a larger 85mm exit nozzle and keep the trailing edge the same.

Professional Alike Racer Clazz. Teerayoot's Avatar
    I can't believe that JD increase so much price for inter cooler !,
    since before i plan to buy and it out of stock quickly and i miss it

current price : 980$
    very close to RiVa already,

and it how far efficient compare to FB intercooler,
    might not much air flow,cooler air.

it should be in stock long lasting for this high price

Glad to see these are back in production. Must mean my replacement in on the way hey Dan?

+1
    So now that the jd and riva cooler are at a similar price apart from bov which most already have. I have some questions. Is it much of an advantage being able to open the cooler for inspections?. Has anyone needed to open up the riva cooler?. Has anyone had problems with a sealed units before?.

Thanks
    I dont know whick one to buy now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Definitely NOT the fastest. Off the top of my head I know Jim's performance and Gmoeller have done better. I am currently running a custom Skat long blade that I am unsure of the exact pitch on. It is be no means the fastest prop. It has extremely good hole shot and crazy acceleration, but it's a trade off for top speed. You have to spin the long blades and twin props to a higher RPM to get around the same speeds as you would a regular Skat swirl. I would probably be in the 81-83 mph range @ 8400 with a regular Skat prop. We'll soon see. I am having my Skat 13/23 repaired by Impros. Probably going to have them take it down to a 22 degree trailing edge to get a little more RPM than I was previouly getting. OR, I may consider a larger 85mm exit nozzle and keep the trailing edge the same.

so far i been seeing some good results with the solas 15/21 it might be more like a 15/22 going by the rpms compaired to my skat 13/23 my best speed so far with the solas has been 83.6mph on a b1 wheel 70 degrees 8500rpm yesterday at 78 degrees strong head wind no current at all 82.4 at 8460rpms

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    so far i been seeing some good results with the solas 15/21 it might be more like a 15/22 going by the rpms compaired to my skat 13/23 my best speed so far with the solas has been 83.6mph on a b1 wheel 70 degrees 8500rpm yesterday at 78 degrees strong head wind no current at all 82.4 at 8460rpms
    How is the low end cav with that prop? Worse than the stock prop or about the same? After running a long blade, I could stand to live with some low end cav. I'd rather have more top end anyway.

I did not even notice the price increase on the JD intercooler. I have no idea about that. I am guessing after all the fuss of getting the cores in and piecing the rest of the kits together, his costs went up, and in turn, so did ours. Sucks, but it is still a damn good IC, and fits very nicely.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    My JD longblade measured 12/21.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    My JD longblade measured 12/21.
    You got the JD longblade? Have you tested it yet?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information