Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Is Anyone Experience Bad Vibration In The Mid Range or Letting Off The Throttle 09FZS

Guys caught up with a good friend of mine the other day he owns a bone stock 09 FZS with 9 hrs on it we swapped ski he wanted to ride mine with a MOTEC in it.

I rode his ski but there s a bad vibration in it mostly in the mid range and when you let of the throttle quickly it really vibrates the ski really really bad it scared the shit of me. When he got back the 1st thing he said your ski does nt vibrate he thought it was normal for skis to do this. The ski ha no vibration at WOT and no loss in speed but when you blimp the throttle of let of hard in teh mid range area the ski vibrates liek hell.

Ok
    Engine has been checked of allignment spot on
    Pump and prop have been swapped out with mine still has the vibration pump slides in and out very easy.

Has anyone else has or heard of this problem and what was the finding to the fix

+1
    Try new spark plugs first. Cheap option. Apparantely can be a common issue in the 1800sc motors. My wife's SHO had similar issue and was an easy fix.

After that, lend him a blow-off valve. Surge can be a bitch pre-boost. Take off the breather pipe to the air intake tube and stick your thumb over it at 3-4000 rpm. The surging is incredable right up to ~6000rpm when boost starts to come on.
    Last edited by Gunna; 09-21-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Brain fart.

+1
    you've already swaped out the pump so that counts it out
    but the only time i have read what you are talking about it was water in the pump

kev

+1
    A stock ski shouldnt do this, when was the last time the wheel was inspected?

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    this may fix it may not but i had a bad vibration at 4000rpm and similar when letting off, i tracked it for months and did all of the above several times, in the end i removed my waterbox while re routing a waterline, i placed a 1" thick big piece of foam and then sat the waterbox on it (the foam lies accross the base and up the side of the hull) i replaced the strap.
    the foam is still in there 40 odd hrs later and no more vibration.
    this may not be your fix but it was mine worth a look

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Try new spark plugs first. Cheap option. Apparantely can be a common issue in the 1800sc motors. My wife's SHO had similar issue and was an easy fix.

After that, lend him a blow-off valve. Surge can be a bitch pre-boost. Take off the breather pipe to the air intake tube and stick your thumb over it at 3-4000 rpm. The surging is incredable right up to ~6000rpm when boost starts to come on.
    Will change plugs can t see that being the issue as it vibrates when you let off the throttle will look into everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan FZR View Post
    A stock ski shouldnt do this, when was the last time the wheel was inspected?
    Agree a bone stock ski should nt do this ski has 9hrs would think its the wheel will inspect tho. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    this may fix it may not but i had a bad vibration at 4000rpm and similar when letting off, i tracked it for months and did all of the above several times, in the end i removed my waterbox while re routing a waterline, i placed a 1" thick big piece of foam and then sat the waterbox on it (the foam lies accross the base and up the side of the hull) i replaced the strap.
    the foam is still in there 40 odd hrs later and no more vibration.
    this may not be your fix but it was mine worth a look
    Will look into this as well

Thanks anyone else have this issue

Mine is doing it too, don't know what it is yet, but mine is more like a shudder when you let off the throttle. Even on the trailer if you quickly rev it and let off the throttle it'll do it. Maybe motor mount?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pcacman View Post
    Mine is doing it too, don't know what it is yet, but mine is more like a shudder when you let off the throttle. Even on the trailer if you quickly rev it and let off the throttle it'll do it. Maybe motor mount?
    Good call motor mounts i ll check if its doing it on the trailer yes its a shudder/vibration

+1
    clutch is going .....

gpr717, I was afraid that it could be the clutch, you must have had this problem yourself, mine shudders pretty bad, it's been getting worse with time, how can you check it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information