Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

leaving seadoo looking for a ultra

Have been runing a 260x rs this season, looking to change over to the ultra, what issue are there, how many hours do the supercharger last

+1
    my supercharger is siezed with 24 hours on the boat. i had water in oil (milk shake) at about 19 hours. ski is a POS imo.

+1
    great ski just requires good maintenance procedure after each ride. keep it stock and it will last forever

Quote Originally Posted by kevashley View Post
    Have been runing a 260x rs this season, looking to change over to the ultra, what issue are there, how many hours do the supercharger last

+1
    Mine is stock and the only time it wasn't flushed was when it got the milkshake, and I didn't want to run it anymore and damage it further, I had it towed back.

Quote Originally Posted by kevashley View Post
    If looking at kawi, might as well and Wait to see what the new ones will have to offer. They will be announced next month. If you are leaving seadoo for reliability reasons, look elswhere for now. lol. There are many that have no problems and many that have major problems (mine). Some common issues: Heads Cracking and ingesting water into the engine (mine), sometimes Rods coming thru block (mine), pump bearing failures, super chargers seizing, belt breakage (mine). But other than that, they are the best looking, strongest hulls, a blast to ride, especially in rough water...

+1
    and thats why you now have a seized s/c and you are blaming the ski for this you have not had one positive post on this forum, out of all the members here there has only been a couple of you with a negative attitude towards kawasaki, and im betting you will never be happy with your next ski either. we are all getting a bit tired of your negative posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    Mine is stock and the only time it wasn't flushed was when it got the milkshake, and I didn't want to run it anymore and damage it further, I had it towed back.

I have a 08 Ultra 250X for sale. Has ten hours and factory warrenty till may 2013. let me know if your interested.

+1
    I would be happy with it if I would have actually gotten to ride it. U don't hear me complaining about my yamaha ski do you? I got that ski last summer with 30 hours on it, it's now up to about 80. It has never let me down. I spent about 15 grand on the kawi and I got to ride it a total of 24 hours and now it's got a seized sc. Just trying to help other people out so they don't make the same mistake I did. And it's not just me, about 10 of us bought ultra 250/260s and pretty much everyone is having a problem. Trust me if it was a good reliable ski I would be on here promoting it. So your saying I should have flushed the ski when it had a milkshake?

Flushing the ski would not help the supercharger as water does not go thru it that way. It should have been fogged is what he is saying. That entails getting fogging oil into the intake tract and into the supercharger blades because it probably sucked up water somehow to begin with. This water which must have entered thru the intake or oil catch can, got into the supercharger and seized it. Hopefully its not a head crack that let the water in to begin with.

+1
    Except no dealer and no where in the book tells you to fog it. I don't think mine has a cracked head, but my boy's 07 which has about 60 hours on it 100% does. Another friends 250 dropped a valve with 78 hrs on it. Another friends needed a temp sensor and sc bearings at about 50 hours.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information