island racing holeshot kit question

If i ride in the ocean do i flush the engine the same with a ir hole shot kit installed

Quote Originally Posted by rideryamaha View Post
    If i ride in the ocean do i flush the engine the same with a ir hole shot kit installed
    you flush the engine the same, but salt water will remain the in the water box bc it no longer gets flushed, but I haven`t heard anyone with issues from running it...

+1
    Just don't forget the most inportant rule; don't run water in through the flush unless the motor is running. Stop the water BEFORE you shut off the motor!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rideryamaha View Post
    Yes, And like smitty said turn the ski on(motor running) then apply the water. Shut the water off then turn off the motor. I always blip the throttle before I shut the motor down. The next day. after the water settles down. Start your ski and flush out the rest of the water that settles.

+1
    During your flush out after skiing while she's idling on the trailer,blimp the throttle to 3000-3500 rpms every once in a while....this will open up the jetworks valve and get water through the waterbox and out the exhaust...help clear out some of the salt water out of the tail end of the exhaust..

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    During your flush out after skiing while she's idling on the trailer,blimp the throttle to 3000-3500 rpms every once in a while....this will open up the jetworks valve and get water through the waterbox and out the exhaust...help clear out some of the salt water out of the tail end of the exhaust..
    How does the jetworks valve open without the pressure from the pump strainer port?
    idling in to the ramp will help dry out the box, and then rapping the throttle out of the water will push some of it out, but you never get all of it out...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    How does the jetworks valve open without the pressure from the pump strainer port?
    idling in to the ramp will help dry out the box, and then rapping the throttle out of the water will push some of it out, but you never get all of it out...
    thats what I said some.....the pumps not in the water but the higher rpms will push some of the water out...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    The JW valve should not open at this time as it is controlled by water pressure. Enough pressure is generated when you are in the water running about 3000 rpms to open it, but the water pump cannot generate pressure on the trailer. You are right however in that it is the exhaust that is actually blowing the water out of the water box.

Also consider that the aftermarket reed valves (ex. VFIII's) may not respond well to high revs out of the water. You could possibly chip a reed. 5-6000rpms should be more than enough to blow out the water.

Be kind to you boat!

Thread Information