Banned User
    +1

The GTX LTD build for its big trip.

I thought I'd do a bit of a build thread for her...

I'm slowly building it up, while trying to keep her reliable...

The aim for this girl is for her to make a 160+ mile round trip through ocean swell...
    Estimated cruise speeds 40-60 mp/h through the morning lull.

I'll have support from another ski'er and a 38 foot catamaran on our tail doing the same course to some local islands...

Here is the location:

At this stage I'm having a dilema of how to carry more load on the girl...

Here she is in the current form:

In her current setup I've managed to get the whole spring/suspension sorted for reliability (with the kits that I sell through Jerry's store).

Here is how the spring upgrades/shocks look installed:

The latest kit has no need for spring replacements... I've managed to almost copy my other setup (with springs to without spring replacements) with an increase in compression rate and a reduction in rebound rate:

AS you can see I have a jet rescue sled which hooks onto the back of the ski... Ideally I would like to take it with me on the trip and load it up with things... Not sure what though and how...

The catamaran has room but I can't ask for too much as there is quite a few people staying on the hull of the cat.

I'm thinking of making up some panea style bags that you'd use on enduro style bikes like KTM 640's similar to this:

... Basically a 4 gallon jerry on each side and then there is room on the boarding step too... Have any of you guys got ideas?

My list of equipment is:

5 x 4 gallon jerrys
    2 x scuba sets
    1 x hookah SSBA (Motor driven compressor approx. 35 kg)
    Safety equipment
    1 man tent
    clothes
    wet suit(s)
    Tools
    Food and a slab of beer

Some of this gear can go on the cat.
    Main reason for the excess scuba gear is these feckers!:

I have an idea for a tool kit to be hidden inside the hull attached to the sponson anchors inside where I've deleted the resonator.

Is there any modification tips that you guys would have?

The SC has just been serviced at 80 odd hours.

We tried to carry 3 sets of gear and 3 blokes... This was one scary ride!!!
    It was like a gay parade pontoon with all of us onboard!

Definitely over load and was only stable with the suspension fully down... Well not really stable... LOL

Any ideas on how to load her up? Any more than 1 scuba set on the rescue sled and everything gets a lot more unstable... And the further down the sled the items are loaded, the worse it gets.

Cheers...

I'll be posting my modifications as I go...

I have 3 months left to get it all sorted!

Banned User
    +1
    A good friend of mine knows the owners of 'G Boards' and has enquired on my behalf about making a custom board for load carrying... I'm going to investigate this path.

If anyone else is interested in a 'Load carrying' G board, let me know, we should be able to swindle a good price.

The main difference is that the tail of the board doesn't sit deep in the water like for picking up surfers... It is fully out of the water... The owner said he can make a board where 2 people can stand on it with no problems in balance etc.

Any Up dates?

How are you making out with you Jet Ski Enduro project?

Banned User
    +1
    The enduro is happening regardless, yesterday we did a ride of approx. 90km GPS from island to island with a few fuel tanks on the existing board and it was not a problem at all.

I hoping that I can get a board from G boards but they seem pretty busy ATM to make something custom before my trip.

Currently I'm chasing power, with an ECU reflash in the next couple of weeks + 4 inch intake system.

Banned User
    +1
    G-Boards couldn't help me with anything under $4000.

So the next best thing was this:

It tows 100 kg + 2 people on deck no problems in almost any conditions, except the rings are wearing through the plastic.

It tows 120kg + 1 person very well.

So far we've had the weirdest summer conditions in a long time... Very cold and very windy which is not good in the middle of one of the most trecherous straits in the world.

We've postponed until FEB when the weather is usually calmer, but no guarantee.

In the mean time, these guys have been keeping me busy:

Banned User
    +1
    Re-vamping with new equipment... I wonder if anyone else has done this before???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hookah.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	230156

Thread Information