+1

Tunes needed... Help please...

I have waited long enough! I need something to jam to while I ride.... Any suggestions?

this place will have what you need to get the tunes you want.. Cya Slick

http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/
    or if you want to spend big money

http://www.fullwavemarine.com/pwcsoundsystem.html $600.00 for this one

+1
    If you want quality sound while you are actually riding you will need some water proof ear buds and an otter case for your ipod. Other wise, between engine/exhaust noise and the wind at speed, there is little chance of ever having quality sound while underway......IMO!

OBJ

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I have the waterproof submersible Ipod case I had a stereo system on my old ski.
    if anyone is interested, on it let me know. It comes with a the holster to wrap around anything.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...hear-at-65-mph!

the only downside is they don't produce any bass, but the speakers get plenty loud. at high speeds, you probably wouldn't notice the bass anyways.

+1
    I want to share a thought and opinion and maybe some guys here will agree, dont get ofended.

Before I purchased my RXP there was an RXP-X for sale, really reasonable price, I called the guy to see why it was so cheap. he was having a hard time selling it due to the speakers he installed on the footwells and on the side of the ski, he said he had to drill into the hull to install them.

It was a big turn off for me, cause once the speakers fail you must replace them or removed them and live with those ugly holes in your hull.

My advice to you is dont add those ugly ass speakers to your ski. find a place where is a low profile, like the mirrors, or under the hood.

On my XPL I had them under the seat.

If I was to buy another ski and came across a ski with damn speakers installed on it, I would NOT buy it.

You know that is a good point, but myself as long ashe put in quality speakers it would not bother me.. I remembered when I bought my 25' sport craft boat and it did not have sterio or speakers in it so I had to start cutting on a brand new boat.. DOHhhhhhh. LOL. CYa slick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick PWC View Post
    You know that is a good point, but myself as long ashe put in quality speakers it would not bother me.. I remembered when I bought my 25' sport craft boat and it did not have sterio or speakers in it so I had to start cutting on a brand new boat.. DOHhhhhhh. LOL. CYa slick

always think about the future, when you go to sell it, I would not want to buy a ski with a stereo, I want my ski to have loud exhaust.
    some ppl might turn away from the sale just cause it has speakers and they will worry about it, or is just no what they are looking for.

+1
    I so throughly enjoy floating down the river while sitting on the rear deck of my RXP, jammin to some good tunes being driven out of my ugly ass Polk audio seperates. I couldn't imagine not having the stereo! When I do go to sell, the individual who won't buy my ski because it has a stereo installed wouldn't buy it anyway because of the Rude, the 4" rear intake, the flo rites, the Gibson exhaust, the UMI, etc, etc....There are those who will be looking to only purchase a well maintained, stock ski, and then there will be some that will appreciate a well preped/maintained personalized ski. Like mine. When I started to mod the ski I knew that when I eventually went to sell it I would never get out of it what I had invested into it. I did it for me and I enjoy the hell out of it. There is a ton of satisfaction that comes from people coming up to you and saying something like "what a cool ski, what's in that thing? wow you got a stereo too!" Anyway, I built it for me, not for someone who might be looking to buy a used ski someday.

OBJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008027.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	856.6 KB 
ID:	215186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008015.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	864.0 KB 
ID:	215187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008013.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	843.0 KB 
ID:	215188  

you've got a point, if you are cutting large holes in the hull. the setup i'm running has 5 small holes on each side that are easily filled and gel coated if i ever needed to remove them. that's why i decided to go with the speakers i did. the mounting bracket allows for only a few small holes instead of one larger hole and four small holes per speaker. also replacing the speakers is cheap and easy, if they do ever fail, since they unbolt from the bracket and then i just have the one hole for the wires to deal with for removing silicone and resealing it.

Thread Information