Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Rate my plugs WOT pull

1996 GSX new motor 16 hrs now. This was done after 35 min of playing around then WOT for around 3 min. top RPM was 7120.

Also on another note: This weekend it started bogging down if i went over 6500 rpm. If it stay on gas it would die if I get off gas it would drop around 2k and then pick back up. Carp issue or another problem? The above problem started 20 min after the above WOT test. Runs great under 6K now. Replaced pugs ran full rpm for like 15min and started bogging once more.

+1
    I would say you have a clogged carburetor

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    7120 rpms on a stocker? Your one plug looks really lean WHITE...Rebuild those carbs..You said WOT for 3 min and then you post down below ran 15min at top rpms??? do a compression check on that cylinder with the white plug, were the plugs too hot to handle?

+1
    Sry ont he 15 min. ment I was able to play run and do what ever I needed to for 15 min before the bogging came back.

No I was able to handle the plugs and keep my hand on the motor. It was hot but my polaris runs hotter cant even touch my plugs for like 5 mins after shut down.

I will go back in the carb they was done when engine replaced.

could be water? Washing out the plug.. Alot of things come into play here!

Check carbs go from there!

Nice rpms for a stocker. As for the plugs have you checked the high and low set screws? If you have a shop manual it should tell you exactly how many turns now they need to be for the best a/f (if the ski is stock).

+1
    Yes everything is stock but the air intake removed the stock and have K&N round filters. Also the oil inj. Has been removed.

Did PSI check on engine 147 on front 139 on back. Why the difference? The back the plug that is dark/black. Front the white one. I have not check the high screw setting yet I will see if I can find what it should be. Low had 1 1/2 for front and 1 3/4 on back. Will also see where they need to be as well. All the fuel lines have been replaced and card rebuilt. Fuel lines 4 months old carb rebuild 2 weeks.

Thanks you all for your input.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    The rear cylinder has seen some scoring in it's lifetime to bring that psi im betting. I would get rid of the K&N and get prok air filters with outwears. That's what i run.

Quote Originally Posted by barondurden View Post
    Yes everything is stock but the air intake removed the stock and have K&N round filters. Also the oil inj. Has been removed.

Did PSI check on engine 147 on front 139 on back. Why the difference? The back the plug that is dark/black. Front the white one. I have not check the high screw setting yet I will see if I can find what it should be. Low had 1 1/2 for front and 1 3/4 on back. Will also see where they need to be as well. All the fuel lines have been replaced and card rebuilt. Fuel lines 4 months old carb rebuild 2 weeks.

Thanks you all for your input.
    1 1/2 and 1 3/4? that sounds too much out for k&n's. is that backed out from the seated position?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    1 1/2 and 1 3/4? that sounds too much out for k&n's. is that backed out from the seated position?

Yes that is from the seated position. I have yet to find a service book online that is free. Anyone happen to know where my low and high end screws should be? I found on site that showed highend 0 on one and 1/8 on the PTO side. then another site said 0 on both and the 3rd said 1/8th on bith.

So the PSI is good? or should I worry?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information