petrol in oil ?????

just as i was about to put the ski up for sale its back givin me more headaches ,
    the other day went for quick test ride to see everything was all good to sell and after 5 mins the oil code will come on stop check engine oil is fine went back out same thing . took it home , i restated it today and its a lot of trying to get it going and when i smelled the oil it smells liek petrol
    any clue anyone ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_m View Post
    just as i was about to put the ski up for sale its back givin me more headaches ,
    the other day went for quick test ride to see everything was all good to sell and after 5 mins the oil code will come on stop check engine oil is fine went back out same thing . took it home , i restated it today and its a lot of trying to get it going and when i smelled the oil it smells liek petrol
    any clue anyone ???
    Open loop cooling???

The fuel in oil and oil light are prob un-related, the oil code is prob a oil pressure switch gone bad, very common. Either pull it out and clean it with brake cleaner or replace it with a new 1, its the grey sensor under your intake manifold.

If your running open loop then its prob running too cold and gassing up the oil. engine temps should be around the 70c mark and oil 95c.

I had the same issues, its less apprent when racing as you are pushing the engine very hard and its therefore running allot hotter then it would if your just having a mess around. I had same issues with mine, went over to a thermo controlled openloop setup and soo far all seems ok.

Hope that helps R88

not running open loop , running closed with les cook thermo , but today i pulled the spark plugs out and had look they were really dirty and black , i dont have a clue why there turning black so can someone chime in and tell me what can be wrong
    i took pictures but i dont no how to uplod them

i dont no what my afi is as i havent installed a afi on the ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_m View Post
    not running open loop , running closed with les cook thermo , but today i pulled the spark plugs out and had look they were really dirty and black , i dont have a clue why there turning black so can someone chime in and tell me what can be wrong
    i took pictures but i dont no how to uplod them

i dont no what my afi is as i havent installed a afi on the ski
    Well it could be rich but I doubt it with Les's ECU they are never rich on top, he does like his fuel in the bottom tho.

Is you oil level rising atal???

The oil will take on a petrol smell but if its not rising then I doubt that you are getting much dilution. Especially running closed loop as it keeps the oil hot enough to burn off any fuel/water that gets into the oil.

I still think that the oil warning is prob your oil press sensor, did it go off straight after a WOT run or during a hard turn???

I would whip the sensor out give it a clean and do a oil change, how many hours do you have on the oil???

R88

Thread Information