Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

antifreeze winterization

finnaly managed to do it myself connected the flush kit with my rule 500gph pump put antifreeze (4 liters) in a bucket while engine running all (4 liters) went into ski then just for the heck of it emptied it all out from ski.

then did what shibby recomended added (4 liters) of antifreeze without rinning the engine.

I dont think that my ski will freeze this winter

Now i need to go to my dealer to do an oil change,and change the antifreeze from my ride plate last time it was done at 100 hrs i now have over 200+hrs
    Last edited by daverxp4; 10-25-2006 at 04:40 PM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4
    by the sounds of it, i don't think so either

you can always run an extension cord to the ski and leave a 60 watt bulb in the hull to keep it warm haha

Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4 View Post
    finnaly managed to do it myself connected the flush kit with my rule 500gph pump put antifreeze (4 liters) in a bucket while engine running all (4 liters) went into ski then just for the heck of it emptied it all out from ski.

then did what shibby recomended added (4 liters) of antifreeze without rinning the engine.

Now i need to go to my dealer to do an oil change,and change the antifreeze from my ride plate last time it was done at 100 hrs i now have over 200+hrs
    Dave:

You should have done the oil change first, as the dealer will want to run the engine for a few minutes on the hose to warm up the oil before the change and have to do the winterizing all over again.

+1
    do u know how easy it is to change the antifreeze? we'll coach you thru it.. it's a joke, don't pay them to do it.

all the time u spend on this board with us, ur still not changing your own oil!? lol... JEFF C is right.. chances are they are going to run the ski on the flush for a few minutes before they give it an oil change which is going to de-winterize it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    you can always run an extension cord to the ski and leave a 60 watt bulb in the hull to keep it warm haha
    Don't laugh shib, I did this at the beginning of the year because we started riding in Feb. I used one of those metal clip on lamps with a heat bulb and clipped it to the side of the ski and pointed it down at the motor. Wife thought I was nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C View Post
    Dave:

You should have done the oil change first, as the dealer will want to run the engine for a few minutes on the hose to warm up the oil before the change and have to do the winterizing all over again.

well ill let him do the oil change and ill redo the antifreeze myself
    if i need to and i will buy another 4 liters of antifreeze

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    do u know how easy it is to change the antifreeze? we'll coach you thru it.. it's a joke, don't pay them to do it.

all the time u spend on this board with us, ur still not changing your own oil!? lol... JEFF C is right.. chances are they are going to run the ski on the flush for a few minutes before they give it an oil change which is going to de-winterize it
    i think i know its easy should i change it now in witerization or do it at begining of next riding season?

step 1 open cap of antifreeze bottle inside ski
    step 2 open screw on the back riding plate and let antifreeze drain tool needed?
    step 3 poor antifreeze in the filling bottle until i see antifreeze pooring out of hole on ride plate(to let air out)
    step 4 put screw back on with some type of teflon coating as i saw my dealer do
    step 5 fill bottle between the min and max level
    did i get this right?
    thanks in advance

+1
    yea u got it right... no special tools needed, just an allen key to pull the plug out of the rideplate.

u don't really NEED to refill it with the drain plug out until u see antifreeze come out.. that's not going to bleed the system completely. just put the plug in, fill the reservoir. then keep squeezing the 1 large water hose going from top fo thermostat into the head.. keep squeezing it and u'll see the level drop and that purges the system. add more antifreeze as needed.

now leave the cap off the reservoir, start the ski and run it on the hose for 3-4 minutes and stop. let it rest 2 minutes and then start it up again and flush for another 3-4 minutes. u gotta flush it a few times to get the motor hot enough so that the thermostat opens otherwise you wont work the air bubbles out of the system.

that's all there is to it.

now tell me.. why can't you change your oil... we can walk u thru that also, haha

+1
    dave got your PM... i must have closed this thread on u on accident, lol... clicked the wrong button i guess, whoops..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information