Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GPS Tracking Security

Lookin for a little advise on GPS Tracking...I live on the water and other than all the other thefts I hear about, my neighbor had his waverunner stolen last week.
    I found a company that has a GPS Tracking device that will text & email you if your ski has been moved.....anyone out there use any of these.?
    This one is www.finditnowusa.com
    They call in "FIN"
    If anyone has one of these or others they have experience with please let me know. i am now more paranoid than and really think I wanna get one of these very soon.
    Thanks

there was one of the auto shows on tv that showed how to use a old cell phone that has automatic pickup with a real cheap plan to track your motor cycle down if it gets stolen, some thing to think about.. Cya Slick

+1
    http://gps-snitch.com/marketing/moreAbout.html

This one is nice because it lets you track the item yourself...

Thanks vspec1......the only problem I see with this one is it has lights on it. WHY would you put lights on something that you are trying to hide. If I was a thief and saw this I would yank it and throw it away.....it even tells you what it is on the device itself.....may be good inside a truck or car somewhere out of the way...put with a PWC there are only so many places to put it.....and the cell phone apps are ok for short term as they only last so long and surely are not waterproof. Appreciate the input though.....guess i am just a little picky...LOL

+1
    FIN will soon be available in the online store..

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1567

+1
    Both look like great systems, but a little costly. $800 for the FIN, and then $90/yr after the first year. Can't install it yourself, so I'm guessing another couple hundred to have some hack at the stealership do it for me.

I agree that paying a little now will save you a lot later, but are there some more "working class" GPS systems out there?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcman4usn View Post
    Both look like great systems, but a little costly. $800 for the FIN, and then $90/yr after the first year. Can't install it yourself, so I'm guessing another couple hundred to have some hack at the stealership do it for me.

I agree that paying a little now will save you a lot later, but are there some more "working class" GPS systems out there?

There's some things that have changed with the FIN. You can now install it yourself and the price is going to be way less than $800

I'll have more details for you guys tomorrow afternoon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    There's some things that have changed with the FIN. You can now install it yourself and the price is going to be way less than $800

I'll have more details for you guys tomorrow afternoon.

Thats a little better intel. I just happened to look at the FIN website, and thats what I found. Looking forward to see what comes up tomorrow!

Pauly C.

JUST FYI.....got my FIN installed and pretty impressed.......shows my ski exactly where it is located at the right side of of 2 car garage. Went out over the week end and got texts alerts in seconds after I started moving it again when I was island hopping from spot to spot....well worth the $$$$ just for piece of mind

Quote Originally Posted by pwc4me View Post
    JUST FYI.....got my FIN installed and pretty impressed.......shows my ski exactly where it is located at the right side of of 2 car garage. Went out over the week end and got texts alerts in seconds after I started moving it again when I was island hopping from spot to spot....well worth the $$$$ just for piece of mind
    Can you get a break on the insurance cost with the FIN installed? I'm betting not, given that the bulk of the premium is for the liability coverage (as opposed to the theft coverage).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information