Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

2010 RXT X 260 Diagram of which hoses for Strainer and Tow valve placement

Hey guys just got my 2010 RXT X and was wondering if anyone has a diagram of which hoses to the IC to install the Stainer and Tow shut off valve. I have some searches on here but only found a pic or two but want to make sure I have the right hoses. Thanks in advance.

+1
    The hose that runs into the BOTTOM of the IC is the inlet hose for your strainer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nlpnrxt1 View Post
    Hey guys just got my 2010 RXT X and was wondering if anyone has a diagram of which hoses to the IC to install the Stainer and Tow shut off valve. I have some searches on here but only found a pic or two but want to make sure I have the right hoses. Thanks in advance.
    Congrats on your new ski. I have the same ski and have the same question. Understand the strainer install but don't understand the "tow shut off valve" part. can anyone explain??? Many Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    I'm guessing it would have to be on the main line from just under the IBR motor... (Comes in on a 90 degree into the pump housing.)

Its about a 1 1/8th black hose, I'm guessing that the part would need to be fitted somewhere along that line before it tees off to the exhaust and IC.

I've never seen the parts though but that's where I would put it.

+1
    Main water line in to tow valve then to strainer then normal routing.

+1
    I know my 04 GTX has a red stipe on it (main water line). Would it be the same for the newer skis?

+1
    Tow valve goes between pump discharge to exhaust manifold. If I remember I'll snap a pic tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
    If I were to install one (I have not yet) I would do it just like pictured. This is main line in straight to the valve.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78...r/DSC00374.jpg

+1

Cool Strainer and shutoff valve X 260 install

Quote Originally Posted by nlpnrxt1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    Congrats on your new ski. I have the same ski and have the same question. Understand the strainer install but don't understand the "tow shut off valve" part. can anyone explain??? Many Thanks
    This is what I did on my X 260:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X260- 010.jpg 
Views:	1056 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	215173

Strainer goes inline from iBR pump to BOTTOM line into IC. Easy access to dump and clean strainer after each use. You'll be surprised how much crap is caught!

The shutoff valve replaces the function of the "red Stripe" hose on older Seadoos. If you have to "tow" your doo, you need to clamp off the that line to keep from "hydrolocking" the intake manifold, head, and pistons with water, i.e. flood the engine with water. The shutoff valve simply does the same function buy shuting off all water to the exhaust manifold and waterbox. Just remember to turn it back on after towing, or you'll get an overheat message real quick! In the picture you will see the shutoff valve (red handle) inline with the main line going to the exhaust manifold.

All fittings are 3/4" pvc schedule 80 - way overkill....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    This is what I did on my X 260:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X260- 010.jpg 
Views:	1056 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	215173

Strainer goes inline from iBR pump to BOTTOM line into IC. Easy access to dump and clean strainer after each use. You'll be surprised how much crap is caught!

The shutoff valve replaces the function of the "red Stripe" hose on older Seadoos. If you have to "tow" your doo, you need to clamp off the that line to keep from "hydrolocking" the intake manifold, head, and pistons with water, i.e. flood the engine with water. The shutoff valve simply does the same function buy shuting off all water to the exhaust manifold and waterbox. Just remember to turn it back on after towing, or you'll get an overheat message real quick! In the picture you will see the shutoff valve (red handle) inline with the main line going to the exhaust manifold.

All fittings are 3/4" pvc schedule 80 - way overkill....
    What about on newer skis. I have a 2010 RXTX-260 (closed loop cooling). Still need the "shut off valve"?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information