R&D Crankcase Breather Removal

I`ve had the R&D crankcase breather fitted for a couple of seasons now and since fitting have not seen any advantages. I originally installed it to try and improve the GIO issues i had. It did nothing to fix or even improve the GIO issue. I was thinking of leaving it off (doing engine rebuild) and just going back to the factory breather system, although i have installed a larger diamater breather pipe at the block. Has anyone seen any other advantages with running the R&D crankcase breather?
    Thanks.

GIO up to 30hours then slowly decreased to nothing. New pistons at 100 hours and R&D breather kit installed. No GIO unless u forget to empty catch can, and drain hoses leading into crank vent box with extractor. Works very well. Stock 2007 kit is a tad inadequate. 2008 model we have is faultless, no GIO at all. 70 hours and no need to install aftermarket kit as Kawaski changed the vent port dia.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiUltra250X View Post
    I`ve had the R&D crankcase breather fitted for a couple of seasons now and since fitting have not seen any advantages. I originally installed it to try and improve the GIO issues i had. It did nothing to fix or even improve the GIO issue. I was thinking of leaving it off (doing engine rebuild) and just going back to the factory breather system, although i have installed a larger diamater breather pipe at the block. Has anyone seen any other advantages with running the R&D crankcase breather?
    Thanks.
    Sorry. Should have said i have an `07 250.

It looks as though a better system is now available from Greenhulk. Was just getting used to the time it takes to clear the R&D unit of fuel.

+1
    would never have wasted my money on an r&d system all reports are exactly as you have found = no gains

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    would never have wasted my money on an r&d system all reports are exactly as you have found = no gains
    Have decided to go as per 08 (no breather box at all / with larger diameter pipe at block) fit a tap to the bottom pipe off the factory catch can and fit a new (raised) return pipe for the hose back to the sump. I noticed serious galling at the gudgeon pins (required new con-rods) during rebuild. I was thinking this could be the result of serious GIO issues earlier on causing oil dilution and lack of lubrication up there.

My R&D is working. Heaps of fuel in can and none in oil. Must remember to suck all fuel from the vent box to can lines or they will leak back to the sump after a ride. Use oil extraction device. I get about 20-30mls fuel in can after each ride.

+1
    it might work but the simple system where you change to '08 style works even better all you do is add a tap to the oem can and lift drain back hose

R&D is waste of money, I agree. Why burn a house down when you want to make toast!

Thread Information