Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brisbane QLD Australia
    Posts
    8

    Newbie - FX SHO Mods Opinions/Feedback

    Hi All,

    New to the forum but have been reading and researching for a while now on here and it is the best place for info and feedback on what people have tried, so cheers.

    This is my 2nd ski went from Seadoo GTX 155 to FX SHO, big difference and have never looked back. But I am new to mods, as it wasn;t worth it on the Seadoo so I bought a new ski.

    Looking at doing the mods listed below and wanted to hear what people though of them. Not looking for massive gains (yet... speed is addictive and couldn't hekp myself with my V8 but trying to be controlled here) but increased performance all round and a few reliability mods. Open to opinions and feedback, I'l looking to do most the mods my self and all in one hit.

    R&D intake grate
    R&D ride plate
    R&D anti cavitation cone
    R&D pump seal kit
    R&D power core intake / intercooler CFM kit
    Riva air intake
    Rive enginer breather
    Riva blow off valve kit
    Stock exhaust mod (don't want the drone and if it performs very close to free flow it will do)
    Prop - skat 13/23???

    Can't decide between R&D engine/intercooler cooling kit or Riva OEM intercooler upgradekit & enginer coolinh kit???? Anyone recommend one over other???

    And consider either a R&D C1 wheel or Riva B1 with Rive boost clamp but that might happen down the line.

    Intention is to do minor bolt on mods with some extras like the cooling etc to have a good platform to start and it is there if I decide to go after more spped later otherwise I would imagine it would give a good reliability with the extra cooling etc.

    Cheers
    Brendan.


  2. #2
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    <- Riva Cooling Kit

    BTW, the I/C core and CFM upgrades will not last you long. As soon as you upgrade the S/C wheel ( if not sooner ) you will be wanting a better IC.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brisbane QLD Australia
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    <- Riva Cooling Kit

    BTW, the I/C core and CFM upgrades will not last you long. As soon as you upgrade the S/C wheel ( if not sooner ) you will be wanting a better IC.
    Is that going with both Riva cooling kits?
    with intercooler not lasting long is that part life? or the fact I'll want a better intercooler to go with more power?

  4. #4
    gmoeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, Calif
    Posts
    1,450
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider77366 View Post
    Is that going with both Riva cooling kits?
    with intercooler not lasting long is that part life? or the fact I'll want a better intercooler to go with more power?
    ...a better intercooler.

  5. #5
    lukygomes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Luanda - Angola
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider77366 View Post
    Hi All,

    New to the forum but have been reading and researching for a while now on here and it is the best place for info and feedback on what people have tried, so cheers.

    This is my 2nd ski went from Seadoo GTX 155 to FX SHO, big difference and have never looked back. But I am new to mods, as it wasn;t worth it on the Seadoo so I bought a new ski.

    Looking at doing the mods listed below and wanted to hear what people though of them. Not looking for massive gains (yet... speed is addictive and couldn't hekp myself with my V8 but trying to be controlled here) but increased performance all round and a few reliability mods. Open to opinions and feedback, I'l looking to do most the mods my self and all in one hit.

    R&D intake grate
    R&D ride plate
    R&D anti cavitation cone
    R&D pump seal kit
    R&D power core intake / intercooler CFM kit
    Riva air intake
    Rive enginer breather
    Riva blow off valve kit
    Stock exhaust mod (don't want the drone and if it performs very close to free flow it will do)
    Prop - skat 13/23???

    Can't decide between R&D engine/intercooler cooling kit or Riva OEM intercooler upgradekit & enginer coolinh kit???? Anyone recommend one over other???

    And consider either a R&D C1 wheel or Riva B1 with Rive boost clamp but that might happen down the line.

    Intention is to do minor bolt on mods with some extras like the cooling etc to have a good platform to start and it is there if I decide to go after more spped later otherwise I would imagine it would give a good reliability with the extra cooling etc.

    Cheers
    Brendan.
    I would also recommend reflashing you ECU (if it's within your budget). You'll be very very happy with the result and you won't be trying to figure out which prop to use to keep you off the rev limiter.
    I still have my stock prop on and am very happy with result. I went from about 70/71 mph with the mods you intend to install (I was on the rev limiter then) to 77 mph now (and I haven't installed my r&d intercooler yet)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. '09 FX SHO Mods ?
    By SuperchargedRhino in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 11:37 AM
  2. 2012 fx sho mod help
    By 1fastrat in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 09:50 AM
  3. FX SHO Mod Questions
    By blaster3500 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 08:49 PM
  4. FX SHO mods
    By Rip'nTear SHO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 08:12 AM
  5. FX-SHO my opinion
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •