+1

SC Removal on 2010 RXTX 260

Question: I have removed the stock air box and associated parts on my ski (2010 RXTX -260) Installed a 4" intake /filter system. After the air box is removed there is tons of room to work. I understand how to remove all of the hoses, water box etc... Is the SC easy to remove. Looks like several bolts, some on the front side and at least one in the rear. Then what? Just slide it out? Do I need any special tools? Will anything fall out when I remove it? Would imagine the gears on the SC would need to be lined up with whatever drives it on the inside (gears lined up to gears on the crank, cam, something...) Thanks to anyone (and everyone) that can explain how to remove the SC. I"m sure their is a how to somewhere in this forum, I'm just not sure if it applies to a new RXTX.

The motors in the 2010 rxt-x are no different than any other 215/255 hp model. So once you remove the hoses the removal of the sc is no different.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    Question: I have removed the stock air box and associated parts on my ski (2010 RXTX -260) Installed a 4" intake /filter system. After the air box is removed there is tons of room to work. I understand how to remove all of the hoses, water box etc... Is the SC easy to remove. Looks like several bolts, some on the front side and at least one in the rear. Then what? Just slide it out? Do I need any special tools? Will anything fall out when I remove it? Would imagine the gears on the SC would need to be lined up with whatever drives it on the inside (gears lined up to gears on the crank, cam, something...) Thanks to anyone (and everyone) that can explain how to remove the SC. I"m sure their is a how to somewhere in this forum, I'm just not sure if it applies to a new RXTX.
    Your exactly correct on the removal, three bolts total (two up front and one on back next to engine), nothing to worry about when reinstalling, no timming marks or anything to allign other than the gears slipping back together. The charger should slip right in with maybe a wiggle or two on the impeller to get the gears alligned. Don't use the bolts to pull it up, simply wiggle and apply pressure as it slips back in...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Your exactly correct on the removal, three bolts total (two up front and one on back next to engine), nothing to worry about when reinstalling, no timming marks or anything to allign other than the gears slipping back together. The charger should slip right in with maybe a wiggle or two on the impeller to get the gears alligned. Don't use the bolts to pull it up, simply wiggle and apply pressure as it slips back in...
    Thanks for the info. Trying to cut extra cost where possibly.

Thread Information