Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

skiworx complaint

I am trying to get an answer out of skiworx about my Ultra 150 pump that i sent over for a blueprint and new bearings as part of a work order.This started in mid july. I`ve sent numerous e-mails that for reasons known only to skiworx have been ignored. Was`nt expecting a 1000 word essay, just a few lines to be kept informed. last time i got through on the phone a woman who answered said it would be another week, that was 4 weeks ago. I`m in Australia which is 16 hours ahead (10:30AM Fri over there is 2:30AM Sat where i am) racking up international phone bills listening to a damn answering machine. It is extremely annoying when you send expensive parts to so called experts (in good faith) only to be jerked around by MORONS like skiworx

+1
    Steve is notorious for being slow to get back to you. Often never does. Not sure if he is so busy he can't or he is just sloppy at office management?

I have always had to chase him to get stuff.

Steve knows the product, its just his responsiveness.

So does he still have your pump? or do you just have a question about the pump he sent?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

perhaps I'm really lucky

that skiworx ignored multiple phone calls from me to get two of my ultra 150 pumps done. I ended up buying two used ( but serviceable) pumps on ebay since the pumps I had were in bad shape from saltwater exposure. They must be really really really busy with hundreds of backlogged pumps. damm they must be the best at what they do.

yanno, an explanation would go along way. What happened to professional courtesy?

+1
    Same here. Took me weeks just to get in touch with them. When I finally did, he talked me into sending him my pump because he was slow. I spent days calling and emailing. No returned calls or emails. I got lucky though, because I finally got someone to pick up the phone. From that point, my pump got done quick and it was back. Me and my Ultra are very happy now. LOL.

+1
    Skiworx lost my pump a few years ago. After a month, I called and talked to Steve. Said he never got it. I had proof of delivery via UPS. Oops! After he looked around, he found it among a bunch of boxes of engine parts. Shipped it out in 2 days after that.

I suppose that you can neglect customer service if you have more business than you can handle...

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    I can't recommend Steve and think it's more perception than fact when it comes to Skiworx knowing their stuff. Check out my post (44mm carbs and stinger install) in this section and you'll find out more. He owes me a refund for some stuff, but I'm sure I'll never see that.

I see you are in Australia. You know there is a guy in Wollongong (NSW) that does pumps? I sent mine to him and 3 weeks later I had it back (it was three weeks because I wasn't in a rush). PM me if you want more details.

Cheers, Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Steve is notorious for being slow to get back to you. Often never does. Not sure if he is so busy he can't or he is just sloppy at office management?

I have always had to chase him to get stuff.

Steve knows the product, its just his responsiveness.

So does he still have your pump? or do you just have a question about the pump he sent?
    Yep, he still has it and all i want to know is when will i get the thing back. I have read what others have said about skiworx slack customer service and decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, how wrong was i

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    I can't recommend Steve and think it's more perception than fact when it comes to Skiworx knowing their stuff. Check out my post (44mm carbs and stinger install) in this section and you'll find out more. He owes me a refund for some stuff, but I'm sure I'll never see that.

I see you are in Australia. You know there is a guy in Wollongong (NSW) that does pumps? I sent mine to him and 3 weeks later I had it back (it was three weeks because I wasn't in a rush). PM me if you want more details.

Cheers, Mal.
    I`ve been following your saga very closely and am in the same boat(pardon pun) as you where. carb kit($1400) and impeller($240) is the other part of my original order which i am seriously considering cancelling if i don`t hear from skiworx soon. By the way thanks for all replys to this thread

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I'd love to have the ability to ignore customer service ( for some of my more needy customers..those who don't get what "it'll take two weeks to get that done), but in my market, that would be the death of business if I didn't answer my emails or my phone or refused to take new business.

One of my jobs made be best buddies with a guy in Elpaso..and that has literally led to dozens of jobs this year alone...Imagine if I had never returned his phone call.

But given that we really don't know what's up with skiworx, I'd be inclined to not think they are just incompetent...they seemed to have built a good rep, and perhaps that has come to bite them in the ass

+1
    Well, Im going to change my opinion after seeing toomanytoys post.

I bought a used engine from Skiworx, I was told it was all new cylinders and the crank was welded for strenght.

Well, when it arrived, it looked worse than my engine I was replacing. Steve assured me it was "just cosmetic". I pulled heads (which were some used R&D crap) and found one cylinder was toast, great big grove in it where the ring ping had failed and chewed up the cylinder and head. He did not fix the cylinder, all he did was pop in a new piston and rings, left the cylinder a mess along with the chewed up head. He did replace the bad cylinder, but it should have never come that way.
    As for the stinger mod, waste of money in my mind, net gain seemed to be nothing. Holeshot seemed the same with the stock system.
    He also did my stock carbs for a level 2 setup. Well it lasted 5 hrs and then it melted down a piston.

So, I guess I was too nice to him.

Now Harry at Group K is the exact opposite. Always answers the phone. (At least for me)

So now its a built up 1350 BB kit and Harry is sending me the Jets for the carbs. Too bad the season is over.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information