How to: For Those Removing The Resonator Out Of An RXP / RXP-X

I've read all over this forum many different ways to do this; from sawing it up to torching it with a blow torch. I have to say these two options are enough to turn anyone away from doing this $15 mod.

$15 because I bought the pipe from CX Racing like MPower ( http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ow-on-a-budget )

Anyway, my removal instructions are simple! Just follow the Sea-Doo instructions for removal or go to RIVA's site and follow those instructions! They work like a charm, and they are EASY. I swear I spent more time trying to take shit out and wiggle that damn thing around than it did just to do the removal properly.

RIVA's Installation Procedures:
    http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instructions.asp

- Just choose your Sea-Doo. I had a lot more work than the average bear as I have an RXP-X with the external intercooler so I had to remove the Intercooler bracket, but it was all easy. For RXP-X'ers for re-install just torque down the pump support/intercooler support bolts down to 23 ft/lbs (31nm) with a bit of loctite. I also shot a bit of RTV sealant on the bolt where there were no threads.

I still have my resonator in one piece and if I ever want or need it back (for resale or whatever) I can just re-install it.

And those with an RXP it's just the removal of the VTS system. It's VERY easy. As posted somewhere else just get a piece of 1 1/4" ABS pipe (I used 1 1/2" ...too big but it still worked) and heat it up nice and mold it around the plastic VTS bolt in the pump tunnel. You have to remove all the crap in there first like the VTS arm so you can get the ABS pipe on the plastic bolt. My ABS was prolly about 12" long. I just popped on my SuperVTSrEmoval tool and unscrewed it by hand...to put on I just tried to do the same tightness. And the shop manual also said to put a drop of loctite on the VTS plastic bolt as well.

Anyway...that's it, I'm not sure if there's any more to it, it's that easy. The mod is a little bass-y at first but you get use to it. I find that I throw my VTS into the max up position and it cuts the bass in half when in the slow zone.

Rob

+1. I did this a few weeks ago on my PX. Remove the intercooler, intercooler bracket, VTS and don't forget to remove the styrofoam from behind the resonator because after one ride it will be bouncing all over the place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0267.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	215221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0268.jpg 
Views:	1254 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	215222

Banned User
    +1
    One of the best and easiest mods ever... If you don't mind the extra howl in the 5 knot zones.

Makes it sound pretty tough!
    Easy as pie on a GTX iS believe it or not! LOL

A bit more info on the pipe part...this is what I did...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1537234

I have a 2004 rxp, was researching bypassing the resonator & found several pictures of the tube having a 90* bend. When looking at my resonator it looks as if it only has a straight section of pipe along the side of it, with it clamped into rubber hoses at each end. Does this mean I wouldn't need any type of bent 2.76" tubing, just a straight section? I assumed it would work, but wanted to double check. Sorry for reviving a super old thread! Just wanted to ask first before removing anything lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyNotFab View Post
    I have a 2004 rxp, was researching bypassing the resonator & found several pictures of the tube having a 90* bend. When looking at my resonator it looks as if it only has a straight section of pipe along the side of it, with it clamped into rubber hoses at each end. Does this mean I wouldn't need any type of bent 2.76" tubing, just a straight section? I assumed it would work, but wanted to double check. Sorry for reviving a super old thread! Just wanted to ask first before removing anything lol.
    A straight piece of tubing will work on your RXP.

I hope you like low RPM drone

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyNotFab View Post
    A straight piece of tubing will work on your RXP.

I hope you like low RPM drone

Going to do my best and be patient getting the resonator out so I can put it back in if we absolutely hate the sound haha, I usually don't mind loud when it comes to any vehicle or toy so I'm hoping it's ok lol. A buddy owns a muffler shop, he has 2.5 and 3" tubing.. So I'm checking around for 2.75 and getting the ends rolled.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWCanada View Post
    A bit more info on the pipe part...this is what I did...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1537234
    Good info !!! Riva tube made of diamonds quarter grand for a tube

Thread Information