Just want to ride.
    +1

Greddy BOV Install on R&D Intercooler

Hey guys,

I got an R&D Pro Intercooler and Greddy BOV and am a little stuck on the install. Keep in mind, I'm the guy who actually uses the torque values given for bolts, cleans up my mess, yadayadayada. So, you might say I'm anal.

There aren't any instructions with the BOV for install, so I'm trying to determine two specific things:

1. do you use the supplied gasket between the BOV and intercooler flange, or just 1211? The intercooler instructions don't mention a gasket, but the BOV comes with one from Greddy.

2. do I need to 'set' the BOV before installation. The greddy comes in the 'soft' setting, which I assume is fine - but I don't want to install this and find out I'm wrong later.

If anyone has been down this road, I'd love the advice. I've tried to follow up with R&D but I think they're closed for the weekend and I'd like to finish this install today if I can..........

Thanks!
    Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by washingtonrider View Post
    Hey guys,

I got an R&D Pro Intercooler and Greddy BOV and am a little stuck on the install. Keep in mind, I'm the guy who actually uses the torque values given for bolts, cleans up my mess, yadayadayada. So, you might say I'm anal.

There aren't any instructions with the BOV for install, so I'm trying to determine two specific things:

1. do you use the supplied gasket between the BOV and intercooler flange, or just 1211? The intercooler instructions don't mention a gasket, but the BOV comes with one from Greddy.

2. do I need to 'set' the BOV before installation. The greddy comes in the 'soft' setting, which I assume is fine - but I don't want to install this and find out I'm wrong later.

If anyone has been down this road, I'd love the advice. I've tried to follow up with R&D but I think they're closed for the weekend and I'd like to finish this install today if I can..........

Thanks!
    Sean
    I know on some cars soft means how loud the BOV is, but I dont think it will affect anything.

Better soft than hard IMO at least to start with. The only thing you have to worry about with it soft is the possabiilty of losing some boost (you are logging right? Right? ). If so, then you have adjust it.

+1
    i had that same i.c. this year.......
    you can use the 1211 instead of the gasket.....
    it sounds like you are using the flange mount on the intercooler.......BE CAREFUL......
    if the bov has not been set by r&d you will need to set it yourself before installing it.
    if the adjusment bolt is sticking out from the bov. it has not been set. and if you install it that way it will rub a hole in your fuel tank.......
    what you need to do is remove the bezel from the bov. when you open it be careful because it is spring loaded......
    when you open it you will see 2 springs.......
    remove the smaller one and put it back together......
    then take the adjustment screw and tighten it almost till it is flush.......
    then the bov is set.......

Professional Alike Racer Clazz. Teerayoot's Avatar
    I using Greddy type BOV from frozenboost.com

set it hard release first ,adjust to softer until no more boost loose,
    working pretty good so far,
    i'm still finding some flange adapter to change sound to better one.

Just want to ride.
    +1
    Hey guys,

I used the gasket - the BOV doesn't sit flush to the flange, so I didn't take a chance on leaking. The BOV was set from R&D already according to Glenn; there's about an inch or so clearance between the BOV and the tank. If it hits, I'm pretty much already screwed.

Thanks for the help!
    Sean

+1
    If the BOV came from R&D, it is already set. Use the gasket.

Thread Information