Thread: 96 zxi trim

96 zxi trim

ski lost trim. i checked the fuse and volts replaced the trim motor and trim amp i believe..? Is the trim amp/module the little black box with 2 10mm bolts holding it in place in front of the seat inside the bike has 2 plugs.?
    what else could be bad? and is there any other modules if thats even the trim module.

+1
    You're trying to actuate it with the engine running (or after bumping the starter), right?

Does the cable move? Could be the switch. I never had the trim apart on my '96, but I had the trim on my '95 fail and they couldn't get the parts to fix it under warranty. I told them to keep it and bought the '96.

When you get it working, make sure it has the bellows-style seal on the cable where it comes out the back of the hull.

ive replaced cable, motor box, checked trim switch its putting out power for up and down. yes when its running. what part of the electronics says its running to allow it to work? maybe thats bad? is it the starter sol?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sr240 View Post
    what part of the electronics says its running to allow it to work? maybe thats bad? is it the starter sol?
    Don't know, I'm sure the starter solenoid doesn't have anything to do with it. My trim works for about 10 seconds after I shut the engine off, then quits when the display goes off.

Do you have a service manual?

Is the dash working? Common mistake is to not hook up the second(smaller) black wire to the neg. on the battery. Also, did you make sure all wires going into the box are not corroded and checked for power?

Thread Information