Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

reliable supercharger upgrade for rec rider?

I really need to have my charger rebuilt over the winter and im trying to figure out which direction to go in. I know the X-charger is the best bang for the buck but im really trying to stay away from a RRFPR and AFR monitoring. The Gen 2 looks like the only option right now, as I see Riva doesnt make the S3 anymore. Whats up with the R&D monster chargers? I seen Craigo was running one, anyone else run one? I been reading search entries for the last 2 hours and im still not sure of what the best option is. Either way i know im going to have to run 42lb injectors.

Mods: 4" intake, Ext intercooler, exhaust, ride in temps from 70-75 ish in spring and fall to 90+ in the summer.

Thanks for any input just trying to figure out how much money to start putting away.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    I really need to have my charger rebuilt over the winter and im trying to figure out which direction to go in. I know the X-charger is the best bang for the buck but im really trying to stay away from a RRFPR and AFR monitoring. The Gen 2 looks like the only option right now, as I see Riva doesnt make the S3 anymore. Whats up with the R&D monster chargers? I seen Craigo was running one, anyone else run one? I been reading search entries for the last 2 hours and im still not sure of what the best option is. Either way i know im going to have to run 42lb injectors.

Mods: 4" intake, Ext intercooler, exhaust, ride in temps from 70-75 ish in spring and fall to 90+ in the summer.

Thanks for any input just trying to figure out how much money to start putting away.
    Take advice from me bro. You will never be happy unless you aim high. Go ahead and take the plunge over the winter and do an x charger, riva ecu and bosch 48s ext IC etc if you dont want to monitor AFR's and RRFPR.

I don't have one but i know a couple of people here in Miami running an X-charg on only 42's and are running good. Like i said i'm not running this setup but i can tell you they are fast.
    i'm not an expert, i'm only sharing my .02

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Take advice from me bro. You will never be happy unless you aim high. Go ahead and take the plunge over the winter and do an x charger, riva ecu and bosch 48s ext IC etc if you dont want to monitor AFR's and RRFPR.
    Eric, that was pretty funny and somewhat true, but to recommended riva ecu when he dosnt want a fuel reg is not the answer he is looking for.
    If you don't want to monitor then don't go above an s3.
    X is too risky IMO, unless running x ecu but still needs to be checked.
    Be careful in good cool air no matter what setup.
    Goodluck!

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    x ecu isnt bad option either ...you loose 100 rpm but it would be set and forget...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Eric, that was pretty funny and somewhat true, but to recommended riva ecu when he dosnt want a fuel reg is not the answer he is looking for.
    If you don't want to monitor then don't go above an s3.
    X is too risky IMO, unless running x ecu but still needs to be checked.
    Be careful in good cool air no matter what setup.
    Goodluck!
    I guess what I really wanted to say was go ahead and do it all bro so you will not be thinking about it. It will EAT AND EAT and you until you do it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    x ecu isnt bad option either ...you loose 100 rpm but it would be set and forget...
    The x Pump is a bit different. Think someone already found that out here. Forget who it was???

when i went to a s3 charger the acceleration difference was omg...probable the best investment i have ever made on my ski .as for bang for buck...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    The x Pump is a bit different. Think someone already found that out here. Forget who it was???
    .the voltage is different and the carrier is dfferent ..but the ecu controls the voltage..and the pump itself is the same..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    .the voltage is different and the carrier is dfferent ..but the ecu controls the voltage..and the pump itself is the same..
    Im told the pump is different as well. Have you checked the part numbers?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information