Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22

    reliable supercharger upgrade for rec rider?

    I really need to have my charger rebuilt over the winter and im trying to figure out which direction to go in. I know the X-charger is the best bang for the buck but im really trying to stay away from a RRFPR and AFR monitoring. The Gen 2 looks like the only option right now, as I see Riva doesnt make the S3 anymore. Whats up with the R&D monster chargers? I seen Craigo was running one, anyone else run one? I been reading search entries for the last 2 hours and im still not sure of what the best option is. Either way i know im going to have to run 42lb injectors.

    Mods: 4" intake, Ext intercooler, exhaust, ride in temps from 70-75 ish in spring and fall to 90+ in the summer.

    Thanks for any input just trying to figure out how much money to start putting away.


  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    I really need to have my charger rebuilt over the winter and im trying to figure out which direction to go in. I know the X-charger is the best bang for the buck but im really trying to stay away from a RRFPR and AFR monitoring. The Gen 2 looks like the only option right now, as I see Riva doesnt make the S3 anymore. Whats up with the R&D monster chargers? I seen Craigo was running one, anyone else run one? I been reading search entries for the last 2 hours and im still not sure of what the best option is. Either way i know im going to have to run 42lb injectors.

    Mods: 4" intake, Ext intercooler, exhaust, ride in temps from 70-75 ish in spring and fall to 90+ in the summer.

    Thanks for any input just trying to figure out how much money to start putting away.
    Take advice from me bro. You will never be happy unless you aim high. Go ahead and take the plunge over the winter and do an x charger, riva ecu and bosch 48s ext IC etc if you dont want to monitor AFR's and RRFPR.

  3. #3
    I don't have one but i know a couple of people here in Miami running an X-charg on only 42's and are running good. Like i said i'm not running this setup but i can tell you they are fast.
    i'm not an expert, i'm only sharing my .02

  4. #4
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Take advice from me bro. You will never be happy unless you aim high. Go ahead and take the plunge over the winter and do an x charger, riva ecu and bosch 48s ext IC etc if you dont want to monitor AFR's and RRFPR.
    Eric, that was pretty funny and somewhat true, but to recommended riva ecu when he dosnt want a fuel reg is not the answer he is looking for.
    If you don't want to monitor then don't go above an s3.
    X is too risky IMO, unless running x ecu but still needs to be checked.
    Be careful in good cool air no matter what setup.
    Goodluck!

  5. #5
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    x ecu isnt bad option either ...you loose 100 rpm but it would be set and forget...

  6. #6
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Eric, that was pretty funny and somewhat true, but to recommended riva ecu when he dosnt want a fuel reg is not the answer he is looking for.
    If you don't want to monitor then don't go above an s3.
    X is too risky IMO, unless running x ecu but still needs to be checked.
    Be careful in good cool air no matter what setup.
    Goodluck!
    I guess what I really wanted to say was go ahead and do it all bro so you will not be thinking about it. It will EAT AND EAT and you until you do it!

  7. #7
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    x ecu isnt bad option either ...you loose 100 rpm but it would be set and forget...
    The x Pump is a bit different. Think someone already found that out here. Forget who it was???

  8. #8
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    when i went to a s3 charger the acceleration difference was omg...probable the best investment i have ever made on my ski .as for bang for buck...

  9. #9
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    The x Pump is a bit different. Think someone already found that out here. Forget who it was???
    .the voltage is different and the carrier is dfferent ..but the ecu controls the voltage..and the pump itself is the same..

  10. #10
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    .the voltage is different and the carrier is dfferent ..but the ecu controls the voltage..and the pump itself is the same..
    Im told the pump is different as well. Have you checked the part numbers?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need some input please!! For racers and rec riders
    By Jet-Rampage in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2014, 04:09 PM
  2. What's the best year/model for a rec rider?!
    By chillin82 in forum Honda Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 08:36 AM
  3. FYI, VXRs for Racers & Rec riders
    By bullett55 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 04:00 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 06:50 PM
  5. Suggestions and Recommendations for PWC 70+ Safety Gear for the "Rec" Rider
    By Hooah_Killer in forum High Performance Watercraft Safety
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •