Rear cyclinder keeps sezeing

Hey my rear cyclinder going lean and done 5 min of running and sezed one pistion.
    Rebuilt number 3 rode ski agin after checking carbs and now wont go over 50 klms and 5,000 rpm with load and plugs looks like brand new
    Can any one help

+1
    1- might need carb rebuild
    2- motor needs pressure test
    3- bad pulse lines

All sorts of things can be wrong. I would pressure test motor first, replace pulse lines, rebuild carbs if needed.

Can I ask a dumb question? Why is it with these jet skis the carbs need to be rebuilt so often? You have to excuse me, I'm a first timer with jet skis this summer. I raced local motocross for years and have ridden dirt bikes since 1986 and there was never rebuilding carbs on the bikes... Jet/tune them if needed and then they where good to go from there on out. Even my old 1982 Yamaha 250 Enticer snowmobile ran perfect on the stock carb up until 2005 when I sold it! Why is it with these jet skis all you hear is rebuild the carbs, rebuild the carbs, rebuild the carbs... I swear with any other recreational machines I've ever been into, I never heard so much talk about rebuilding carbs! Is it just because the environment they're run in and the water corrodes them?

And what are the pulse lines? I have the same problem with my ski. My father will be doing the work on it and I'll be relaying any helpful info to him. He's not new to fixing older skis, but the 2001 GPR is the newest he's worked on...

Quote Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
    Can I ask a dumb question? Why is it with these jet skis the carbs need to be rebuilt so often? You have to excuse me, I'm a first timer with jet skis this summer. I raced local motocross for years and have ridden dirt bikes since 1986 and there was never rebuilding carbs on the bikes... Jet/tune them if needed and then they where good to go from there on out. Even my old 1982 Yamaha 250 Enticer snowmobile ran perfect on the stock carb up until 2005 when I sold it! Why is it with these jet skis all you hear is rebuild the carbs, rebuild the carbs, rebuild the carbs... I swear with any other recreational machines I've ever been into, I never heard so much talk about rebuilding carbs! Is it just because the environment they're run in and the water corrodes them?

And what are the pulse lines? I have the same problem with my ski. My father will be doing the work on it and I'll be relaying any helpful info to him. He's not new to fixing older skis, but the 2001 GPR is the newest he's worked on...
    just to mention a few, yes, salt air, moisture, crappy fuel, contaminated fuel from marina`s and fuel docks, not stored properly etc, ...over time sand, water, and corrosion erode the small parts. the inherent issues have been discussed in length over and over again... and this forum educates on how to fix and repair and maintain...
    most problems are caused by lack of maintenance, these are high strung machines, under load all the time, and many many people just hook up the lanyard and ride... and there is always the group of riders who shouldn`t put a wrench on their ski`s, add that to the equation.

pulse lines, simply type pulse lines in the search box and you can read multipe threads about pulse lines... this will help you with your ski if in need...
    there is also a very good Faqs and "How To" sub forum... good luck with your ski...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/foru...ow-To-amp-FAQs

Thread Information