Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49
  1. #1
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11

    Solid Front Engine Mount

    Hi Guys,

    Did someone ever had a solid front engine mount bolt strip or come out when running WOT? What damage you had or see from it? I was running at WOT and my engine felt like one of my SC connection blew off and loss power. I idle back to shore and saw the front engine mount bolt was off and had some water inside my engine compartment. I try to install the bolt back, but the thread inside the solid engine mount was strip. Please can someone help or have some good input about this. THANKS.....


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Did someone ever had a solid front engine mount bolt strip or come out when running WOT? What damage you had or see from it? I was running at WOT and my engine felt like one of my SC connection blew off and loss power. I idle back to shore and saw the front engine mount bolt was off and had some water inside my engine compartment. I try to install the bolt back, but the thread inside the solid engine mount was strip. Please can someone help or have some good input about this. THANKS.....
    My front bolt backed out a few weeks ago.
    I cracked the flange on my mid pipe as a result.

    My mount was not striped and the bolt appeared to back out. Reinstalled with red loctite.

  3. #3
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    My front bolt backed out a few weeks ago.
    I cracked the flange on my mid pipe as a result.

    My mount was not striped and the bolt appeared to back out. Reinstalled with red loctite.
    Steven thanks for your input my friend.

  4. #4
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    102 review...................only Steven and Breon replay to this thread. I think nobody else had this problem before!

  5. #5
    2006 Turbo RXP boBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    STATE OF KUWAIT
    Posts
    1,034
    did you align the engine after you installed the solid engine mount??

  6. #6
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by boBO View Post
    did you align the engine after you installed the solid engine mount??
    Yes,

    The engine was align and running strong. The ski is running 8700rpms solid, 16pis of boost and 81.5mph. I think engine mount need to be reinforce or install a longer bolt.

  7. #7
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    my piranha mount stripped out so i re-tapped it with a larger M10 x 1.5 thread and now its perfectly centered in the OE motor mount

  8. #8
    jpeconsult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pineville, LA
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    1
    My pirahna front mount bolt came out during MB. Had a guy loc-tite another bolt in its place. I will check on this. --J

  9. #9
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    My pirahna front mount bolt came out during MB. Had a guy loc-tite another bolt in its place. I will check on this. --J

    Sounds like the piranha front mounts need to be watched closely.

    Doel, do have a piranha, mine is.

  10. #10
    Doel Tiburon1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,343
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Sounds like the piranha front mounts need to be watched closely.

    Doel, do have a piranha, mine is.
    Hi Steven,

    Yes, is a piranha.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Solid Front Engine Mounts
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 04:42 PM
  2. Piranha Parts Solid Front engine mounts are back in stock
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 08:57 AM
  3. solid front engine mount
    By john12 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 01:46 PM
  4. Solid front engine mount
    By VX1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 05:30 PM
  5. Solid front engine mounts only $169
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •