Thread: 951 head studs

951 head studs

What are you guys tq'ing them to?

Oem spec?

A little higher?

I keep running into 951 skis for sale, with blown hg's!

Using the "double-nut" technique---- Torque to the shop manual Spec. @ 44lbs./IN. (or about 4 Foot lbs.)
    and dont forget to re-use those "vibration" O-rings in the holes after the Mono-Cylinder is back
    in place---they have a purpose..

--- That is for the *Studs*,,, the Head Nuts which hold the Head onto the Cylinder is a completely different Torque and sequence.

DvD

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Using the "double-nut" technique---- Torque to the shop manual Spec. @ 44lbs./IN. (or about 4 Foot lbs.)
    and dont forget to re-use those "vibration" O-rings in the holes after the Mono-Cylinder is back
    in place---they have a purpose..

--- That is for the *Studs*,,, the Head Nuts which hold the Head onto the Cylinder is a completely different Torque and sequence.

DvD
    Sorry, Thats what i ment.

In the car scene i guess we talk a little different.

My sbt motor didint have any orings in it. Now i installed hot rods crank and soon to be pro x pistons. Should i buy those orings?

+1
    Seadoo OEM wants too much for thoise oring, maybe some gasket kits have them. Also, Bill O recommend packing the cylinder studs with grease.

"Never put any stainless steel bolts or screws into aluminum threads without some sort of lubricate, grease, anti sieze, 1211 or locktite on the threads as dissimiliar metals will become galled or freeze up, making it very difficult or impossible to remove later without damaging the fastner or the threads in the aluminum. This is extremly important.

Anti Sieze works as well as loc-tite for holding fastners in place, plus it lubricates and coats the threads on the bolts and the threads in the aluminum. Loc-Tite is better where water can penetrate the threads, as Loc-Tite is a sealant, besides being a thread locker. That is why Sea Doo ( Rotax ) uses so much of it on case bolts and jetpump mounting studs and nozzel bolts, ect. To keep salt water off of the threads.
    I like to pack marine grease around the studs through 951 clyinders so water cannot get down to the stud threads in the cases, then push the stud orings into place before mounting the head."
    Bill O'Neal

Thread Information