+1

Backyard Fungis (mushroom) Identification

Can anyone ID these for me and suggest a good way to kill them? I tried image searching them but just can't seem to make a positive ID. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mushrooms 002.jpg 
Views:	730 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	215504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mushrooms 003.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	215505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mushrooms 001.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	215506  

+1
    EAT EM!!!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    a common fungicide from Lowes will clean'em up. If that doesnt kill it...you may have to call your local farmer and see if they have any Quadris or Headline they can mix up for you in a pump spray bottle. 9oz will cost you about $25/gal

as for the worms...I cant tell from the distance. they look like maggets but they are too big for that. almost grub like but the heads are white. kill one and get a close up..or go to lowes again and find a general pesticide. are they killing your yard? if yes, use a pesticide called Seven and combine it with Malathion. problem solved. you shouldnt need anything like Mustang max EC, Belt, or Warrior II.

They grow due to soil.. Something in the soil, animal waste can cause this.. Wear gloves.. remove the mushrooms.. throw them away that way they dont spread.. any mulch spilled in yard? The bugs are maggots... the mushrooms smell good so the flies lay there eggs on them.. i think they are A tabscens.. I would not eat them...

+1
    piss on them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    a common fungicide from Lowes will clean'em up. If that doesnt kill it...you may have to call your local farmer and see if they have any Quadris or Headline they can mix up for you in a pump spray bottle. 9oz will cost you about $25/gal

as for the worms...I cant tell from the distance. they look like maggets but they are too big for that. almost grub like but the heads are white. kill one and get a close up..or go to lowes again and find a general pesticide. are they killing your yard? if yes, use a pesticide called Seven and combine it with Malathion. problem solved. you shouldnt need anything like Mustang max EC, Belt, or Warrior II.
    Thanks for the info. They're not killing the yard, but they just seem to pop up and look nasty. I've got a Fungal Colony going on. I'm going to get some of the stuff you mentioned and give it a shot. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xboat View Post
    They grow due to soil.. Something in the soil, animal waste can cause this.. Wear gloves.. remove the mushrooms.. throw them away that way they dont spread.. any mulch spilled in yard? The bugs are maggots... the mushrooms smell good so the flies lay there eggs on them.. i think they are A tabscens.. I would not eat them...
    Thank you very much for the info and I will definately NOT eat them. No spilled mulch, but you're on to something. My wife and I dug some clusters out a few weekends ago. When I dug deep, I hit some massive roots and I said, Man these things got some mean roots. I told the wife that it didn't make sense, but the roots had what appeared to be the same color as the mushrooms, but hard and rotten at the same time.
    Yesterday she read online that old, rotting tree roots can cause this. We started thinking and guess what used to be right where we were digging them out? Yup, there used to be a big red maple that had to be removed years ago. Those were the roots I was hitting and the source of the shrooms I bet.

Thread Information