Thread: got a new ski

got a new ski

i just bought a new ski from somebody its a 01 rx with the 951 has about 20hrs on a fresh rebuild and a new pump is there anything i should need to know or any problems. whats the top speed around. everything works the vts and all gauges

Quote Originally Posted by clubin11 View Post
    i just bought a new ski from somebody its a 01 rx with the 951 has about 20hrs on a fresh rebuild and a new pump is there anything i should need to know or any problems. whats the top speed around. everything works the vts and all gauges

When you go to winterize (which will be pretty soon) make sure to do it properly. Your zip code suggests that you live in colder climates. You will want to add RV antifreeze to the cooling system as well as fog the engine. Service the pump and place the battery on a maintenance charger. Even though the pump is new there is still always the possibility of getting water in it. The fill plugs used are really easy to cross thread into the plastic cone and water gets in easily. I ended up drilling and taping the hole to a 1/4 pipe plug to make it easier to seal. Point is if you do have water in the pump you don't want it sitting all winter long rusting out the bearings and shaft. You can't really rely on the speedo readings but I think 60 is pretty close to what they get stock. I would be paying more attention to max rpm's. Flat glass with the pump set in the middle you should be around 6950 at wot. Check for gray fuel lines and replace and if you have make sure the carbs are clean. If you have a fuel selector check/clean that too. If I've left a few things out I'm sure people will add to this.

+1
    I usually super lube all the cables, and most importantly hire a local voodoo priest to remove the bad "joo joo" from the ski.

Thread Information