Seadoo Wake 2008 (RXP) 215 HP Supercharged. Water damage. Help needed.

Hi I have a 2008 Wake 215hp supercharged which has suffered water damaged to the pins and plugs on the A and B plugs on the ECU. They were badly corroded and after cleaning them up and replacing 6 of the female connectors in the A connector and 3 in the B conector I am only getting a click from the relay by the fuse box and a ticking from the fuel pump and that is intermittent if I wiggle the B connector. There is no display from the gauges and nothing from the start button. I am thinking that I am going to have to replace the ECU as the water across the pins may have caused a short and blown something in the ECU and maybe also the wiring harness needs to be replaced so that I replace the A and B connectors as well. I can get a neww ECU part # 420665789 from the US for approx $700 . Does anyone have any thoughts on how I should proceed with this or any ideas on sourcing new or used parts to repair. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks ,John.

Check your wiring harrness for continunity, do you have the tool to be able to plug into A & B connectors?

If I were you I will clean all the connectors and grounds first, check fuses and relays for corrosion then if nothing works I will try an ECU and take it from there..

No do not have the connector checking tool?

Have cleaned corrosion from contacts and checked relays and replaced some of the fuses which were blown, so maybe its a neww ECU next ??

Quote Originally Posted by luckyjohn View Post
    Have cleaned corrosion from contacts and checked relays and replaced some of the fuses which were blown, so maybe its a neww ECU next ??
    You say there is a clicking when you try to start it. Did the starter solenoid get wet too? Perhaps the solenoid contacts are corroded as well and the clicking is the contacts in the solenoid?? Worth a check before you start pulling the ECU.

Solenoid is ok. Nothing at all happens when starter pushed.Noise comes from pump as soon as DES is attached. Thanks.

Hi, there. Want to buy Sea Doo engine ECU (ECM), part # 420665789. Fits almost all Sea Doo's year 2008-2009. Does someone have this part or can get one for me? Thank you.

+1
    May be the dess post

+1
    I have 2 harnesses and a 155 ecu of needed.

Thread Information