Thread: Stolen ski

Stolen ski

Bad weekend launched my ski left the wifes 07 red RXT on the trailer. Came back a few hours later to the trailer lock cut off laying in the parking lot. Had to explain I didn't know where the trailer and her ski was. So if anyone sees parts for sale in central Florida just north of Orlando could be from my ski. The trailer is an aluminum Cherokee.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    do you have the VIN number? it would help if they try to ebay it or dumb enough post it here. also if there are custom parts that would help too

60% of the time, it works every time.
    I'll keep my eyes open. sorry to hear abut that.

+1
    Very sorry to hear about this.

I know this comes too late for you, but we are launching a new product in the online store this afternoon. It's a GPS tracking device that will enable you and the police to track down your stolen items within a minute of the ski being moved.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1567
    a success story here

http://www.wsvn.com/features/article...lcase/MI89033/

I hope they can find your ski Tim. We'll be on the lookout for the parts here on the forum.

Unfortunatly this seems to be a common problem if Florida, if I lived there I would get the tracking device for sure, Ill probably get it anyway!

+1
    Sucks you can't leave an extra ski at the ramp anymore. Its always been a huge concern of mine and try to back it up to where no one can remove the trailer when I do have an extra ski but very risky.

The tracker system would be great if you can use it yourself. FWC and most PDs here are useless. Its been 2-1/2 months and I still don't have an accident report from my crash. Even if FWC found it they would probably call SeaTow and heve them impound it for you and charge $4000 like they did me.

Best thing I can recommend in Fl is insurance. It worked out very well with my friend Patrick when he crashed an 04 RXP. Was able to get an 08 RXP with not much to add $ wise.

I'll keep an eye out over here on the east coast. That trailer will be hard to hide. Sorry to here about this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The tracker system would be great if you can use it yourself.
    That's the beauty of it. You get an alert by text message or email within 5 seconds of the vehicle being moved and you can track it yourself. The FIN service center also tracks it and works with local law enforcement to lead them to the stolen vehicle/watercraft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    That's the beauty of it. You get an alert by text message or email within 5 seconds of the vehicle being moved and you can track it yourself. The FIN service center also tracks it and works with local law enforcement to lead them to the stolen vehicle/watercraft.
    That would be very worth while. I'd get it myself without the cops!!!

+1
    man that sucks! I hope you have insurance to cover it! (actaully I think your car insurance will cover it as it was hooked up to yourr car?)

I hate people that do this shit!

+1
    We had more or less the same thing happen at Jax Beach, My son-in-Law's turbo Camaro was gone along with the trailer. The lock had been cut off. We found out that it was the Jax Beach Police that did not like where it was parked [outside of a line] had called a Wrecker company cut the lock off to tow the vehicle and trailer seperately.
    He had to pay double for two vehicles.
    There have been a lot of High Performance Boating equipment stolen in Florida lately. Most of the boats were found with the engines removed.

Thread Information