Punctured Hole in RXP tubing (picture)

Now I am 90% sure that these plastic 'tubes' are pure cosmetic, but somehow they broke and are crumbling apart. I cased it out in the ocean pretty hard and the tube just collapsed. Opinions on this? I would still like to replace them because if nothing else it looks awful

also please excuse the dirty RXP I just rode back from catalina island, too tired to wash it haha

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    Excellent...thank you very much for that. You suggest I get that replaced before I go out again?

Also - I know this is unrelated - but just curious how much stress the RXP hull can take from jumping it in the surf? Should I be worried about breaking the thing if it is coming down rather hard in the surf? May be a dumb question but Im not sure. I know my balls hurt after some of those rollers lol

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    PM Jerry buy it through him, I believe you get a discount also, contact him first though

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    you couldt take the hose clear off the ski and it wouldnt have any affect on the performance...they are just cosmettic ..although the front of the hood can be opened up to make then functional to drect fresh air into the hull

+1
    The hull is very strong and will take repeated water pounding. The motor mounts will break with ball hurting landings among other interior parts. A hard roll in the surf will break the plastic hood.
    Surf jumping will cause damage. When one motor mount breaks, the shaft becomes out of alignment causing the carbon ring to leak... possible sunk boat.
    Surf jumping is a blast but expensive long term.

+1
    buy it here, use coupon code "greenhulk" for 10% off.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=687

that is very common. remove the tube and take it to lowes/home depot. They have the same tubing there and it is much stronger. its sold by the foot dirt cheap. cut it to fit. If you buy another set of OEM tubing, it will break again down the road. For whatever reason, sunlight makes it brittle.

Very good to know. Thanks alot guys for the help, I appreciate it. I think I may just pull the trigger on those steel-braided tubes as they look pretty nice. will have to run it by the girl though first, of course =)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    that is very common. remove the tube and take it to lowes/home depot. They have the same tubing there and it is much stronger. its sold by the foot dirt cheap. cut it to fit. If you buy another set of OEM tubing, it will break again down the road. For whatever reason, sunlight makes it brittle.
    Have you actually done that? Or just repeating what you have heard. I went to Home Depot and all the hose was smaller. Sump pump hose is smaller than these hoses.
    Now this is Home Depot Canada, maybe different in the states.

Thread Information