Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Checking 08 oilier alignment.

I wanted to check the alignment of my oiler after I had installed the PTO to make sure it had not got knocked on the way in. Looking thru the SC hole is just about impossible with the engine installed so I got some Kids play clay and put a lump on the end of the SC shaft and installed the SC.

It worked really well when I removed the SC again there was a perfect little dimple in the middle of the clay and when I spun the SC you can see that the hole did not woble atal meaning that its dead central to the hole in the shaft.

This amybe something that some of you with factory fitted or 08+ boats as Im not sure how much attension the tecs would pay to this area.

See pic below.

R88

+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC shaft 2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	215711  

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I nominate this for the most brilliant idea!
    I might do this some time just for shit and giggles. I have found myself trying to check it out with a mirror and a light but it sucks while the engine is on the ski.

+1

Thumbs up

After have a SC touchdown on me.. I was trying to think of a way to check my oiler without removing PTO (and motor)...

+++1!! What a great idea! I would definatly rate this under the KISS principal! (Keep It Simple...Stupid)

Cheers

+1
    The weather here is terrible ..raining to beat the band!! ..Ski is in the garage...Guess what I am gonna do today!?

+1
    This method has been mentioned before. I believe by Duke. Great idea but you better make sure that the oil spray bar does not get clogged by the clay. Do not leave any clay behind when you pull the charger back out.
    I see in the picture a nice centered hole but where is the clay that was in that hole?

+1
    SeaDoo has a tool for this

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    This method has been mentioned before. I believe by Duke. Great idea but you better make sure that the oil spray bar does not get clogged by the clay. Do not leave any clay behind when you pull the charger back out.
    I see in the picture a nice centered hole but where is the clay that was in that hole?It compressed the clay in that area.
    I was concerned by the same thing but I made sure the clay was nice and cold as its less "sticky" that way you can see a perfect "mold" of the nozzle with even a little dimple in the middle of the larger inprint where the clay went into the nozzle slightly.

I did see Duke mention this the other day in OCmans thread (I think) but I had done this check before then, Just thought I would throw a pic out there as they say a thousand words.

R88

+1
    I just changed the pic so that you can zoom in now its clearer what happened in the area where the nozzle is.

Stan I have heard about the tool that seadoo have but im sure that most people have got something similar to what I used around the house so you can do this check for free.

1 thing I didnt mention earlyer was that I cleaned the area on the end of the shaft very well with Isopropenal cleaner to ensure there was no oil or grease that could cause the clay to fall off whilst inside the engine, As Speed said you dont want anything left behind. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I was concerned by the same thing but I made sure the clay was nice and cold as its less "sticky" that way you can see a perfect "mold" of the nozzle with even a little dimple in the middle of the larger inprint where the clay went into the nozzle slightly.

I did see Duke mention this the other day in OCmans thread (I think) but I had done this check before then, Just thought I would throw a pic out there as they say a thousand words.

R88
    Dont lie u tried to STEAL my trick!! LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information