Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    the wotman likes boobs wotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,069
    +1
    48

    reverse bucket bolts

    The 2 x bolts conecting the reverse bucket to the ride plate have pink stuff filling the threads when you remove them.
    When putting them back do you need to use lock tight?


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    i do others may not loctite is a good safety tool use it to keep those bolts and nuts in place. or you will curse when something comes loose

  3. #3
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    The 2 x bolts conecting the reverse bucket to the ride plate have pink stuff filling the threads when you remove them.
    When putting them back do you need to use lock tight?
    its not totally neccesary as they have a spacer that the bolt bottoms against.......
    but a small amount of thread locker reduces the chance of them backing out

    I have changed my ride plates back and forth all the time and in 3 years never used any thread poo........and they have never come loose........


    Waz

  4. #4
    Offshore Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South East Australia
    Posts
    548
    Naaa, they don't come loose. But, don't forget to hook up your bucket engager though.....Its why i always wear a neck brace and helmet now.

  5. #5
    i used lock tight and i had to tread my plate when i finally got them out after braking them both,stanless steel and aluminum i thread lock enough ,i went with never seize this time and itīs still not loose

  6. #6
    the wotman likes boobs wotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,069
    +1
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Aussie View Post
    Naaa, they don't come loose. But, don't forget to hook up your bucket engager though.....Its why i always wear a neck brace and helmet now.
    don't get that
    When taking the plate off I only removed the plate bolts on bottom and the 2 discussed.
    Do you mean where it is connected to the cable?
    If so I left that connected.

  7. #7
    I use blue loctite. Having it seal the threads reduces corrosion which is good when you decide to do some wrenching later, regardless to if it may come loose or not. The stuff won't wash out as it is a binding agent. The stuff the factory uses seems to be the best choice but I really don't know what it is. The seadoo shit is green but appears very similar by nature.

  8. #8
    sorry i have the Riva plate

  9. #9
    the wotman likes boobs wotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,069
    +1
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by kawifan View Post
    sorry i have the Riva plate
    Thats what I want to fit

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    the colors define the locking strength

    Quote Originally Posted by rotortiller View Post
    I use blue loctite. Having it seal the threads reduces corrosion which is good when you decide to do some wrenching later, regardless to if it may come loose or not. The stuff won't wash out as it is a binding agent. The stuff the factory uses seems to be the best choice but I really don't know what it is. The seadoo shit is green but appears very similar by nature.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Reverse Bucket & Bolt Holes
    By JFizzleJR in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 07:50 AM
  2. Reverse bucket mod
    By Green Hornet in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 07:52 PM
  3. ? about Reverse Bucket Mod...
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 04:16 PM
  4. Reverse Bucket Modification??
    By PMart317 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 09:29 PM
  5. Check your reverse buckets
    By watermedic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •