Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Project_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    162

    Battery Tender ?

    Whats up guys, Im tired of dead batteries right before a ride, so I ask what battery tenders are you guys using?


  2. #2
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    How long are you going in between rides? Unless you only ride once every couple months your battery should not be dead.

  3. #3
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Project_X View Post
    Whats up guys, Im tired of dead batteries right before a ride, so I ask what battery tenders are you guys using?
    Deltran battery tender junior. They come with quick connects and are about 30 bucks. Always have mine connected.

  4. #4
    Project_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    162
    I use my skis like every 3months,and usualy when I get ready to ride a battery issues arises.

  5. #5
    Project_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    162
    ocman, where can I buy one of those? I want to go pick one up so I can save on having one shipped to me.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Project_X View Post
    ocman, where can I buy one of those? I want to go pick one up so I can save on having one shipped to me.

    http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender.../dp/B000CITK8S

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Corpus Christi Texas
    Posts
    28
    +1
    1
    Are the battery tender JR's good for a Deka sealed battery? I have used my Battery Tender JR to keep the stock acid filled battery charged but have read that it may infact hurt a Deka sealed battery which i currently have. Is it true and is it due to the fact the JR charges at a 0.75 amp rate? would the regular battery tender (non JR model) be better since its rated to charge at 1.25 amps? any info that could clear this up would be great! thanks

  9. #9
    NetBret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by MG21 View Post
    Are the battery tender JR's good for a Deka sealed battery? I have used my Battery Tender JR to keep the stock acid filled battery charged but have read that it may infact hurt a Deka sealed battery which i currently have. Is it true and is it due to the fact the JR charges at a 0.75 amp rate? would the regular battery tender (non JR model) be better since its rated to charge at 1.25 amps? any info that could clear this up would be great! thanks
    To answer your questions, the battery tender will not hurt your sealed battery. I have a battery tender jr on my agm sealed battery with no issues.

    Also the only difference like you mentioned with the battery tender and jr is the amp rate of charging...which means that the jr might take a little longer to charge than the regular one. Hope this helps.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    226
    I bought one from interstate Battery. It also has a quick connect. I haven't had "start of season" battery problems since I started using it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dual batteries require dual battery tenders?
    By ausgezeichnet7 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 12:13 PM
  2. Battery tender and/or upgrade??
    By Djames in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 09:04 AM
  3. Battery Tender ? rxt
    By jimm in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 12:04 PM
  4. Battery Tender ? rxt
    By jimm in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 09:10 AM
  5. Battery tender question.
    By zdowell in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •