Looking for kawasaki stx 1100 di emm

Looking for used 1100 di emm.. Give me a call 925-706-2858 thanks

what year, got a 2001 but all should be the same for the 1100 engine.

+1
    Mike,

how much are you looking for on that EMM? I need one for my 2000 STX DI 1100

John [email protected]

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SUV1200 View Post
    Mike,

how much are you looking for on that EMM? I need one for my 2000 STX DI 1100

John [email protected]
    Is the Kawasaki Ficht EMM matched/mapped to the individual injectors?

If it is, then you want the matched injectors from the same engine the EMM comes from, or find a way to transfer the injector map data from the old EMM to the replacement.

sorry ! sold all the dfi electronics some time back, and yes the emm and injectors must match, a laptop with the correct software can transfer the data from one ecm to another, or a go disk can be used to flash the replacement ecm.

i might have a friend thats parting a running 2000 di he just wanted to use the crank and cases from it . i will check

How much would you want to pay for the emm and injectors i will let him know .

Quote Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
    a laptop with the correct software can transfer the data from one ecm to another, or a go disk can be used to flash the replacement ecm.
    The software is called KDIAG that transfers the data from old emm to a new one. The main portion of the data is the fuel flowrate of each injector - and flowrate changes f/a setting.. W/O doing that your engine may run either too lean or too rich or just right if lucky. But if you buy a matching set of emm and 3 injectors, then you would be fine as far as f/a setting goes.

The data can be transferred ONLY IF the old emm is "alive" enough to communicate with the laptop. If it is damaged/burnt out too severely, it won't communicate at all and will give an error code saying "won't communicate".

Be careful on buying an used emm. Just know that there are lots of bad emms out there.

Not sure about "go" disk flashing emm. I've never heard about it.

Shindog
    I now have 2 EMM's and the ski still wont run right. I need a cable in a bad way! anybody know were I can get a cable? I'm hoping I dont have two bad EMM's but need to rule that out somehow. Any help on cable pin out? Thanks in advance

the 'Ficht' emm firmware is matched to the injectors, as such it will NEVER run correctly when using another emm for thoubleshooting, send the emm AND injectors to dfi and solve the problem, if you donot follow correct thoubleshooting procedures by the book, oh well.

Here is the pinout picture that I got it from the sbtforum website. see if this helps

Thread Information