02 Genesis i oil pump

Since I am waiting on my emm to come back from DFI I took the advice of some of our fellow forum members and did a complete check over of the ski. So, I get to the oil pump located on the stator cover and started wondering just how reliable they are. All three lines have oil in them but what if it fails, then you have a toasted engine. Is it possible to just do a 40:1 mix and do away with the pump? I have a feeling the injectors might clog but I wanted your opinions on it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Pre-mix fuel+oil is not possible for the Ficht fuel injected engines. You must use the oil injection system.

The injected fuel does not go through the crank case, so oil in the fuel would not lubricate anything.

Bummer! So. to help me understand how this works, the oil is injected into the cylinder correct?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    ... to help me understand how this works, the oil is injected into the cylinder correct?
    Oil is injected into the air intakes at the throttle bodies. Oil+air goes into the crankcase (where it lubricates everything) then gets pumped up into the combustion chamber.

The fuel flows to the fuel injectors on top of the cylinder heads, then is injected directly into the combustion chamber during compression. Spark happens shortly afterwards.

Thanks. I was under the assumption that the oil was injected into the cylinder along with the fuel and the residual was what lubricated the remainder of the moving parts. Good to know and I am glad I asked before I locked up a perfectly good engine. Speaking of oil, I think I might have to replaced the oil pump or maybe just replace the seal because there was a small amount leaking out of the bottom of it running down the front crankcase. Also, I suspect there might be oil in the stator cover because when I pulled the water cooling lines off the emm there seemed to be a small amount present. I will check it out and see, it may just be the o-ring leaking.

Thread Information