Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rode an aquatrax last week..

So i was at the lake riding on my 07 gpr and a guy was there with his turbo'd 07 honda..he let me take it for a spin and while the handling was over sensitive and you felt every tiny ripple on the lake, that thing RIPPED out of the hole. what's the with gpr's being relatively slow out of the hole and there always being a slight bit of hesitation/cavitation? i was next to an rxp and the same thing, that thing just ripped from a standstill while i feel like my gpr's take a second to get moving..

the same goes for a guy who was next to me with an fx sho..fast as hell off the line.. i know those are both FI boats, but still...

+1
    The stock GPRs are like that. A PPK, Jetworks mod, and aftermarket prop will make a lot of difference just by itself.

and we can`t forget that the 4 strokes have bottom end torque and supercharged to boot. with a different designed and pitched prop to match...

+1
    Just mod your Gpr the way it was meant to be done!!!! School them all!

+1
    build your ski for bottom end and midrange accel...as mentioned in the other posts, these are "must dos'' to be competitive in a drag race..top speed should not be your concern..if you port her you'll get the best of both worlds....

+1
    If you ever ride a boosted up FZR your gonna go nuts....lol

i know that there are lots of things i can do to improve the hole shot..i'm just wondering why the GPR, as a stock boat, is inferior to SOO many others out of the hole?

+1
    only thing in can think of is the pump tunnel cavity is smaller. go read the first couple posts in the xlt/sho/gpr build int he projects. i think a pluged, jetworks gpr would accel pretty nicely for you

+1
    The GPR pump shoe has air pockets that need to be filled to avoid air bubbles that cause cavitation..... also the fact the waterbox is very large and can hold alot of water which needs to be ''spitted" out during take off...both problems can be addressed and fixed....but lets not forget the highly modified supercharged ski is hard to compete against ...there staying up all nite figuring ways to make there holeshot a killer too...

+1
    I have one of each...a big bore ported gpr and a boosted FZR .......once you feel that damm boosted 4-stroke kick ,you will be hooked, there is no comparison, I like the way the gpr pulls in the mid/high range.....my gpr is faster than my fzr , BUT, it takes the gpr a while to catch up....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information