Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

beefing up the stock pulleys for salt water

sooo im thinking of ordering the rouge stock size sc pulley, the idler/tensioner pulley, and the r&d wheel hub kit. better setup for salt water riding? boat is stock and is gonna stay that way. will this affect warranty?

+1
    Personally, I like the stock pulley's. IMHO- Remove the plastic cover and don't be affraid to wash things down when your done riding and keep the seat popped to allow for some airflow when not riding.

+1
    i would wait and see what you/kawasaki are going to do with the charger first.

+1
    sounds like a good idea, gonna drop it off thurs hopefully. waiting for the bolts to put the cover back on

Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    sooo im thinking of ordering the rouge stock size sc pulley, the idler/tensioner pulley, and the r&d wheel hub kit. better setup for salt water riding? boat is stock and is gonna stay that way. will this affect warranty?
    This is the exact set up I run. Have had it on for about 5 months now and still looks new! I ride in Salt Water only. Went out today and this pulley is the shizzle! I don't think it will affect warranty unless installed wrong. Had My "friend" put it in.. and this has been the best mod to my boat! Running the stock pulley is good, but sometimes you have to give up the good to get the great! Ran today in 6 foot surf and it's still pulling my arm muscles! LOVE the ROGUE PULLEY! Stock size that is! Zero rust!

+1
    knowing how i am with modding isht it will prob be on before it hits the water next year

+1
    the pulley may be alloy but the dampner is still steal so it still needs attention to stop corrosion which you are obviously doing. more of just a heads up to official style.

Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    This is the exact set up I run. Have had it on for about 5 months now and still looks new! I ride in Salt Water only. Went out today and this pulley is the shizzle! I don't think it will affect warranty unless installed wrong. Had My "friend" put it in.. and this has been the best mod to my boat! Running the stock pulley is good, but sometimes you have to give up the good to get the great! Ran today in 6 foot surf and it's still pulling my arm muscles! LOVE the ROGUE PULLEY! Stock size that is! Zero rust!

+1
    Cool, gonna get the ski fixed and take it from there

Sliding the large pulley on with the belt in place is a piece of cake, as the configuration needs little if any tension afterwards. Make sure you align and shim if necessary. R&D has the tools or OEM if you prefer. Rogue still needs monitoring, although i have not needed a bearing kit since installed. Black plastic cover over pulleys best to leave off or install stud kit if you must have it. Bitch to take off and on otherwise.

+1
    i have had my sc cover off since before the ski was ever in the water

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information