Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2003 gtx sc fuel needs

i have a 03 gtx sc just put in a 12/20 solas and 4in intake also opas was removed. i just recieved my riva gen 2 wheel and rebuild kit will i need any fuel upgrades like 42 injectors or a new fpr.

+1
    Not until you upgrade the ECU. The 215 ECU will require the RXP/RXT fpr. A majority will suggest replacing the 185 platform with a 215/255 OR new engine internals, however there are a couple members running high RPMs on OEM 185 internals. Just make sure you research a lot before doing this.

With the 185, I would suggest reaching for 68-70 at 7600 rpm, using the 13/20

+1
    i was thinking about swapping ecu's to get the full benifits of the gen 2 but wouldnt that require a valvetrain upgrade? would the stock valvetrain suffice i know from reading different threads there were rxps dropping valves and there valvetrain was built to run 8100 03 gtx only 7600 i would hate to destroy a whole engine trying to gain 500 rpm

+1
    As I said above, most members here that have upgraded to the 215 ECU in years past also upgraded engine internals, including pistons, rings, SC gear or full SC rebuild, flywheel/doublr-row gear, fuel pressure regulator and may also require the driveshaft, impeller and wear ring. These changes will give you a stock RXT minus the intercooler.

Most members would encourage you to sell it and buy a stock RXT, then start modding. I didn't listen to them and upgraded...and they helped me. Take a look at "JPEConsult's 185 Build" in the SeaDoo projects section.

I would encourage you to keep the 7600 rpm, add the XS intercooler, supercharger wheel, 13/20 prop, new wear ring, Riva rideplate, RE OPAS blockoffs, Riva grate and wedge. This should get you all over 68 mph. Yes, of course bigger power will get you bigger gains, but focus on getting the front 2/3's of the ski out of the water.

+1
    so do you regret modding your gtx or was it worth it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    so do you regret modding your gtx or was it worth it
    I do NOT regret it one bit. I was extremely patient and and grabbed parts gradually. The major financial burden of the swap is pistons, flywheel and supercharger upgrade. A couple forum members donated some left-over parts from their mods. Example: another member upgraded his OEM 215 pistons to one size over and gave me his 215 pistons with 50 hours on them. This is probably the main reason I was able to pull it off as the three pistons were approx $750 to buy new. I also scored a used flywheel/double-row gear for a good fair price. I had parts setting on the shelf for months at a time until I gathered what I needed.

I also have been maintaining an Excel spreadsheet of my mods from the first replacement pump and impeller that started my speed bug addiction. I encourage everyone who is starting out to do the same. I have tracked price, date purchased and date installed and have labelled it in the order each mod was performed.

--Jeremy

+1
    i really like to know the limits of the cast pistons i guess it has alot to do with tuning. I may be wrong but dont the yamaha sho's still have cast pistons any how i would love to see 70 mph out of this ski i guess the fun begins

+1
    Again, there are at least two members on this forum running 8100 rpm on the cast pistons.
    Heat is thecast pistons enemy!

I don't know about the Yami's. (SeaDoo engine and Yami hull is whats on my mind)

Post 816 starts the Pistons:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...5-build/page41

A lot of good reading by page 20. You should probably read the whole thing. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I do NOT regret it one bit. I was extremely patient and and grabbed parts gradually. The major financial burden of the swap is pistons, flywheel and supercharger upgrade. A couple forum members donated some left-over parts from their mods. Example: another member upgraded his OEM 215 pistons to one size over and gave me his 215 pistons with 50 hours on them. This is probably the main reason I was able to pull it off as the three pistons were approx $750 to buy new. I also scored a used flywheel/double-row gear for a good fair price. I had parts setting on the shelf for months at a time until I gathered what I needed.

I also have been maintaining an Excel spreadsheet of my mods from the first replacement pump and impeller that started my speed bug addiction. I encourage everyone who is starting out to do the same. I have tracked price, date purchased and date installed and have labelled it in the order each mod was performed.

--Jeremy
    So in the end, what was your total cost and what was the top speed attained? Do you know what it would cos to buy all of the mod parts off the shelf??

+1
    I have this info on a file in my computer at work. I will not be at my office tomorrow, but I'll get it up Friday morning. If I remember correctly, my top speed was 77.5ish. I don't remember my RPMs, but I do remember my intake grate and rideplate were not true and my final run was with a broken intake grate. This info should be on the last couple pages of my build. Sorry for the continued hijacking of the thread.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information